The Hunter gets his Prey

As the coyote slept, A Hunter was walking in the forest. "I hear snoring noises. But, where is the old woman?" Elmer questioned.

He knew something was not right and he went to investigate. He peeped through the window and saw the coyote sleeping on the bed.

"For many months, you have caused trouble for others." said Elmer in an authoritarian voice. 

"At last, I have found you, You rascally coyote." said Elmer as he sharpened his dagger.

"This time, You can't escape from me." Elmer proclaimed proudly and he entered the house with his gun in hand.

He was about to aim his rifle when it occurred to him that the wolf might have eaten the grandmother and that she still might be rescued. 

So instead of shooting, he took out his hunting dagger and began to cut open the coyote's stomach. After a few cuts, he saw the blue dress shining through.

"Oh My God! Red Riding Hood Alice. The coyote must have eaten her!" Elmer exclaimed.

He made more cuts and the girl jumped out. 

"Are you alright little girl?" Elmer asked.

"Oh Yes! The coyote's stomach was dark and I couldn't see much." explained Alice.

"If you're in the wolf, then where's your grandma?" Elmer asked.

Alice saw Elmer holding the dagger, "May I use it?" she asked.

Elmer gave Alice his dagger and she went to the cupboard. "I hear muffles inside."

She opened the cupboard and cut the rope and removed the tape on granny's mouth.

"Thank you for saving me and my Granddaughter." Granny thanked Elmer.

"It was my pleasure, I saved your granddaughter but it was her who saved you." Elmer told the grandmother.

Alice and her grandmother hugged each other.

Alice went to recover her red hood.

"I was searching for the coyote for a long time. Now go fetch me some stones and fill up his stomach." said Elmer.

"Stones. But what are they for?" questioned Alice.

"You're in for a surprise, little girl." Elmer told her. Alice gathered the large stones. She filled the wolf's body with them. 

"Do you have any needle and thread?" Elmer asked. Granny gave the needle and thread to Elmer and he sewed the coyote's stomach. 

When he woke up, he tried to run away. He ran as much as his legs would allow him, But the stones were so heavy he fell down and he lay dead.

The three of them were happy. Elmer made his way to the scene, He skinned the coyote and went home with the pelt of the beast.

The grandmother ate the cake and drank the milk that Red Riding Alice had brought.

Alice stood up and she pledged a promise. "As long as I live, I will never leave the path and run off into the woods by myself if mother tells me not to." promised Alice.

Alice said goodbye to granny and she went home with her promise intact.