Chapter 16

Everyone fears death, fear of loved ones dying, and of themselves. But what we fear most is not knowing when death will take you. Everything happened so fast, one moment I was asleep next to my mate. Then other I feel the needles enter my body and see humanoid creatures before my bed. I can feel the drugs flood my system, before I lost complete consciousness I heard the gunshots and the screams of my family. I shouted at my body to move, to do another to save my family. My eyes flicked momentarily to see myself in a pod and a man covered in my mate's blood grinning over me. I hissed at him before blacking out again.

I awakened in the containment room, how could I forget the place I lived in for the majority of my life? I tried to keep my breathing steady even though inside I was panicking. The condition of my children was unknown, the state of my mate was unknown and my location was of course, unknown. I had no idea who was behind this but I had some ideas. Remember many people with enough power that to order a strike like this. There had to have been at least eight or more oomans, probably more to deal with my mate. My thoughts were cut short as the outside room door opened and entered Dr. Simons as well as several others.

"Hello Zero, it's been a while. You have improved on many levels, I want to see just how far you have come." With that, he opened a door behind her, and in came a Yeoka. Hissing and lunging at me, I dodged as best as I could with the drugs still in my system. They improved alongside me, they definitely were planning on getting me back. The Yeoka managed to claw my leg, I managed to slice the front of its face. I attacked before it could and took its head. My breathing was heavy as my body fell to the ground in exhaustion. Simons was taking notes with a frown on his face. "Why didn't you use your powers?" I said nothing to him, only glared. "Answer me! Why didn't you use your powers!"

I grinned at his frustration. I started laughing at him, I could just see his blood boiling. He turned off the mic and started a yelling match with the other people in the room. I took those moments to think and breathe. My leg was burning in pain but nothing I couldn't handle. I need to get out and get home, I need to know what is happening to my family. If I was beginning honest, I have no idea what happened to my past powers. I hadn't even noticed they were gone. Being back where I belonged I had no real need for them and quickly they never appeared again.

So no matter how many times he demands the answers from me, I cannot give it to him. It's not like I haven't thought about it, and if I'm being honest with myself, I have a theory about where my power is. My thoughts once again were interrupted by someone banging on the glass. I looked over and see a new face, this one I only saw in a flash. He wounded my mate. Launching up and ramming the glass, hissing and roaring at him. It was clear that I was pissed and he fucking laughed at me. I screamed at him before ramming the glass again, this time it cracked. He jumped back still laughing but this time he looked amazed. Like a child seeing something cool. I don't like that look. I couldn't shake the feeling of something was very wrong.

Simons and the man talked, he seemed to be asking for something but Simons's lips saying no or not yet. The man was annoyed but dropped the topic and looked at me once more. He was grinning and it looked sinister but his eyes gave me another look. He was looking me over, almost sizing me. I don't want to know what was going through his mind. Simons made everyone leave once they were gone, and he turned the mic back on.

"I have questions and I will get answers, no matter what I have to do to get them." He glared at me and I glared back. "How are you able to conceive a child, let alone multiple children?" I didn't answer, I looked at him with confusion. He seemed to realize something and laughed. "You don't know? You carrying and giving birth should have been impossible. I took that from you, I removed your reproductive organs when you were still young. So how did you do it?"

This news shook me to my core. I take me from my home, and my family, torture and experiment on me for all my life. They take everything from me. When will the taking end? They are truly monsters that will never stop taking from others just to get what they want. Someone should end these monsters, someone has to. Even if it kills me, I will do it for my children and Simons will be the first to meet their end by my claws.

News spread to Yautja Prime fast, what had happened to the protected family enraged all of the clans. All the Elders agreed to send aid to the family and gather any warriors to fight against this great evil. When hunters arrived they were shocked by the sight before them. The children were sitting outside in the grass, covered in wrappings and they looked like death. When they saw the Yautjas appear before them, none of them cried or showed weakness. But their eyes appeared empty, hollowed, and distant. Their father came out and greeted the warriors.

"Anyone killed?" One asked gazing at Duakou's many wounds.

"No, they weren't aiming to kill them. Only wound. However, they tried on me," his chest was covered in bullet wounds luckily the bleeding was plugged. "They took their mother, I don't know if she's been injured or not but her side wasn't damaged so I'm hopeful. How many came?"

"Two hundred warriors, ten healers, and two elders. When the news came to us, the entire planet wanted to take action but the elders only allowed a few." The healers came over to tend to the young, but none of them spoke, this event silent them.

"When does the hunt begin?"

"Soon, the safety of my children comes first. My mate would have my head if they didn't. Once that is done, the hunt begins. Nothing will be left once we are done. The entire species should be skulled, this ends now." With that, he walks to his children who are being mended too by the healers. They were interested in Dto and Halkrath, interested in how they were conceived. "Do everything you can for them. My mate will kill us all if those wounds are not properly cleaned and tended to." They nodded in agreement, he looked at the small group. "I will kill all of them, your mother will kill all of them, and all of you will stay here to heal until we come home. A few warriors will remain here to keep you safe. I swear to you all, those oomans will not live another day." The children raise to their feet and hugged their father, something unusual to the other warriors but they said nothing. They knew better.

"Hunt well Father." All warriors move to the ships, it's time to hunt.

The End Begins