Chapter 11.

-I'm sorry about not posting, so much has happened since my last chapter. I got divorced, moved out, and now trying to get my life together. I'm hoping to post more and I want to thank everyone for their comments, it always puts a smile on my face seeing many of you want me to post more chapters. So thank you all very much. 

Now let's begin

*Lastra as well as the children are from the Novissimi people(yeah they have a name)of Erios. A clan of mighty humanoid hunters known in most tongues as the Last Ones, being as they were always the last ones standing after a battle. The Novissimi people once had billions of hunters spreading across four planets until they were killed off by other stronger races or diseases brought by others. The children's clan is the last of the Novissimi.*

The young have been in their eggs for about four weeks, Duakou was getting anxious waiting for them to hatch. Lastra's been trying to keep him from cracking open the eggs before they're ready. She explained that the weeks outside of the mother are for them to adapt to the weather conditions, so they don't die of the falling temperatures around them as soon as they're born. Since many laying seasons take place in deep winter. Lastra has been teaching not only Duakou but her other three children about the customs and ways of the Novissimi people. Zin, Sosha, and Senza didn't have much knowledge of the real ways of their people so Lastra became a teacher as well a mother. She taught they the right way their people once hunted, moving as swiftly as a Yeoka but with the power of a Menuka. By teaching them how to make weapons and traps, the three learn much from their mother. Duakou didn't sit on the sidelines either, he taught them the honor code and how to collect trophies in the right way. Making sure they know to hunt only intelligent or strong creatures, worthy hunts only so no children or elderly, and ensuring that the odds are equal on both sides. If they were hunting a creature less equipped than them, they should also hunt with little to even the hunt. Honoring the code will bring them great respect among the Yautja. 

Zin became a master of trapping his prey, and many Yeoka has fallen for his traps. He is quick on his feet and ensures he is always ready for whatever his hunt throws at him. Sosha is a masterful genius at warfare, she is considered the leader of her siblings as she always has hunting plans and nine out of ten times, her plan is a success. Senza is the smallest of the three but she's the most deadly, taking great pleasure in the hunt. Many skulls already cover the walls of her room, her favorite pastime is collecting small items to decorate her trophies. Lastra and Duakou couldn't be more proud of their young and soon three new additions will grow their ever-growing family. 

Week five came and the first signs of hacking appeared. Everyone was gathered in front of the first egg as more movement came. The black one moved even more as a tiny foot kicked the shell. Lastra carefully used her hands to crack open the top so the youngling could really stretch. Soon after she lifted her firstborn out and placed him in her nest to move around. Duakou and the children watched with curiosity, the firstborn as a little boy with dark-colored scales on his body. Proof of his father's blood. Next, the green egg began to move, this time a head was the first thing out. Lastra laughed a little seeing her next child so eager to enter the world. He didn't need help to break free from his egg but he did want his mother's warmth as he started whining. She picked him up and cradled him to her chest, letting her natural heat keep him warm. He definitely looked like his fathers more than his brother. Finally, the white egg started moving but the movements were slower and with not much force. Duakou looked at Lastra for an answer to this but her face showed concern. 

"This one might not make it, its body may be too weak to survive."

"They can tell if they won't survive even as babies?" Zin asked as he wanted to poke his sibling with a tiny stick. 

"Yes, our people have senses beyond other races. We've always been like this so this one may not make it." 

Lastra placed her son down, much to his dislike. Picking up the last egg, holding it against her skin as she started rubbing her chin on the surface. Duakou could see her fear of losing her young, he told the children to leave so Lasta could have some space. Duakou stayed to look after his two sons, he was already getting tiny bite marks from them. Showing proof that they will be strong warriors. He kept watching over Lastra as she still cradled the last egg that had stopped moving. He saw the tears running down her eyes, he knew it didn't make it. Lastra kissed the shell before placing it down in a higher part of the nest away from its siblings. She began feeding her newborn sons in silence, Duakou knew this would affect her greatly. As this was her first time delivering young. He stayed by her side through the next few days. They buried the last young under a newly growing tree. Lasta shed her final tears for her young as she knew in this world, she couldn't dwell on a life she could save. She had her other children to care for. 

Being newborns they were at much risk to be killed by stronger creatures but most knew better than to come near them. Or they would face the wrath of their mother. And as many knew, do not get between a mama and her babies. She already began her motherly duties, feeding, cleaning, and guarding her young. Within days of being born, the two boys were moving around and climbing out of the nest, much to their mother's displeasure. Zin, Sosha, and Senza were cautious about getting near them, as they were warned by their father about Lastra's instincts to protect her newborns. She might hurt them if they get too close, too fast. So they move slowly and Senza was able to get the first touch as she bopped her green brother's cheek. Duakou was given Lastra's blessing to name his sons, it was considered a great honor in Yatjua culture. His firstborn would be called Halkrath meaning Shadow. His second born would be Dto meaning Forest. Both of his sons would live to their names as a Shadow Hunter and a Forest Hunter. Duakou felt such pride, seeing his sons' future just by looking into their eyes. He is already proud of his three children but now he'll have more pride to come. It was a blessed day in their home, Lastra still mourned the loss of her third young but she knew that they will find their way back to her one way or another. When that day came, she would embrace her young with open arms. 

~It has been almost a year since Specimen Zero escaped with the Predator. It was a massive setback and one that had the higher-ups threatening to skin me if I didn't fix or replaced what was lost. No matter what was brought before them, it was never good enough. Wayland wanted Zero back or something better than it. I've been looking for something else like Zero but as I thought, she was probably the last of her kind. It's been a bitch and a half trying to find where she was taken from, I might be able to find others on her homeworld that escaped capture. But most of that information was last to time seeing as when her people were taken it was almost 100 years so those who were a part of the taking are dead or almost there. I can only hope for a miracle soon before I become the next test subject. A knock on my door broke my concentration as Ellisa enter my office. 

"I have news on the Specimen Zero sir," she came behind my desk and showed me some dots.

"What is this? I can't read this Ellisa," rubbing my eyes from the stress.  

"This is a planet titled SZ-11A, that only had some moves of lifeforms at least ones that are warm-blooded but this was about ten months ago. No one picked it up until now because it wasn't really showing any signs of promising test subjects before now. Suddenly a few new life forms came then a cluster, before returning to only about five. I believe this might be Zero's home world and I believe she showed the Predator the way there."

"You have proof?"

"Yes, their movement. They started on the ground and now they have what appears to be a building. I truly believe that Zero is here. Worth a look, what's the harm?"

"Okay, send a team," Ellisa was about to walk out when I stopped her. "Actually make sure they're trained well. If the Predator stayed with her then I want to make sure we could get her back. Make sure they know that I don't need her to have arms or legs. I do not want something like this to happen again."

"Yes sir." With that, she left and I look through the medical file we created on Zero. All the things she could do and the people she could save. We just needed a few parts of her to cure the human race of all diseases and maybe create something else entirely.