𝟎𝟎𝟏:𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐘𝐗'𝐒 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄

TRIGGER WARNING;
This entire chapter consists of triggering content such as SA, specifically breaking down the downward spiral of Gianni. If you are a victim of SA, I would advise you to skip though I tried my best to keep the graphics to a minimum.

Happy reading.

¥
¥
¥
¥
¥
¥
¥
¥
¥
¥
¥
¥
¥
¥
¥
¥
¥
¥
¥
¥
¥
¥
¥
¥
¥
¥

𝐆𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐈 𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐘𝐗 𝐊𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐈𝐌

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓:

LITTLE GIANNI SAT ON THE FLOOR PLAYING ON THE MIDDLE OF THE FLOOR IN HER SMALL CRAMPED BEDROOM holding her doll she had received from her grandmother Gianna, a year or two before her mother, Giannis, had cut communication with her after she told Giannis her man wasn't a good one. Giannis was a stubborn 23 year old at the time with pent up anger from past trauma, she often took out on herself through drugs and Gianni through neglect. She couldn't connect with Gianni through anything beside the fact that she was her child, so surely she wasn't able to decipher when things were wrong.

GIANNI AND GIANNIS LIVED IN A SMALL CRAMPED APARTMENT IN A ROUGH NEIGHBORHOOD WHERE CRACK FLOWED LIKE WATER, COCAINE WAS WRAPPED IN CANDY WRAPPERS, AND MARIJUANA LACED THE AIR NATURALLY coating the lungs of the young ones in the neighborhood.  GIANNIS LIFE WAS ROUGH GROWING UP WITH A HALF INVOLVED MOTHER— a mother who couldn't protect her from the man that she was supposed to call her new father. It was no shocker that Giannis would no doubt become the person she disliked the most, and be the reason Gianna's life would head in a downward spiral.

GIANNIS WORKED NIGHT SHIFTS AT THE CLUB AND MORNINGS AT A LOCAL BEAUTY SUPPLY STORE BRINGING IN ENOUGH TO KEEP THE LIGHTS ON and food on the table. She saw Gianni as a liability every time she looked in her direction, and to cope she spent her evenings drugged up and laid up with her man Keshon, who Giannis was too blind to see her man was sexually attracted to her.

Keshon, her man and her dealer, kept Giannis so strung out on the highest strands of drugs that he knew would allow him to touch Gianni however he wanted. He knew he could touch on Gianni's legs in front of Giannis, and not a word would be said.

GIANNI hugged her doll as she began to inch closer to her bed when she heard the voice of her intruder and her mom outside her door. Her mother's room was right across from her but the hardwood in front of her room creaked letting her know they were right in front of their door. She whispered to herself that'll she be okay, but the mere words were not enough to convince her. She was not okay and she wished her mother could see that.

Giannis heard her mother's door close but she heard the hardwood creak once more— she knew what was out there and to say the least she was terrified. She tip toed to her door and turned the lock and sighed defeated when she saw it was still broken. The landlord never fixed anything so her safety was something that was distorted. She laid in her bed wide awake knowing that inevitable was bound to happen, so she decided against sleep—why not let it happen while she's conscious as opposed to the dirty feeling creeping up while she's asleep.

She curled up to the farthest corner of her bed closest to the wall and watched the door tiredly as she listened to the walls. She had laid awake fighting sleep for almost a hour. She heard her mother's door open which meant he went to check to see if she was asleep, and once again the creak came causing her heart to sink.

Slowly, the door knob twisted but of course the actual knob was locked, but the actual bolt did not; a single tear slipped from her eye when the realization set in him that the door wasn't actually locked— the door soon opened and entered his tall 200 pound figure, smiling a sly smile at her small fragile and terrified figure. The fear in her eyes turned him on and made him smile as he closed the door behind him. He crept closer and closer to her bed causing her to try to push her body closer to the wall, but she was already as far as possible.

He climbed onto her bed and smiled before he took ahold of her legs and yanked her down to the edge of the bed. He wasted no time lifting her hello kitty nightgown before he proceeded to touch on her in unimaginable ways. Unphased by her evident but silent tears, he casually pulled off his sweats. He made her use her mouth before he forced his way into her opening.

She screamed for her mom as she felt her body tear fold by fold and the pool of blood gush coating her favorite Minnie Mouse bedsheets, she clawed at him to get away but that only gave him motivation to keep going.

Her mother Giannis, laid strung out in her bed before she had awoken minutes before it was over. She rushed into Gianni's room and her mouth dropped at what she saw, she grabbed the biggest object she could hold in her shaky hands and went at his head until he dropped.

Gianni for the first time, felt safe as she cried thinking the trauma was over. She stared at the blood on her sheets before she turned to her mother with teary eyes, trying to explain through the tears but her mother didn't support her. Her mother hurled hurtful words at Gianni as she began to throw her things in a bag, telling her that she was the liability that ended the relationship with her man.

Gianni, at the tender age of eight, laid on her bed in extreme pain blinked twice at her mother who was full of rage. She didn't understand why her mother treated her so bad, and she didn't understand what was happening until Giannis left and came back— this time holding up a weapon aimed at little Gianni— telling her that if she doesn't leave, she'll be the person that brought her into the world and be the reason she leaves.

Gianni, still covered in her own blood, could barely stand as she tried to walk. She grabbed the bag looking back at her mother who still stood with her weapon ready for dispatch. Her mother wasn't someone she could recognize anymore, and it was made clear as day to her as cried and walked closer to the door. She limped to slip her feet into her dirty Air Force 1s, dragging the bag full of her belongings along her side out the front door, never coming back or looking back anymore.

From that moment forward Gianni was no longer Gianni, and from that moment forward, for as long as Gianni could remember, it would always be known as ESSYX'S NIGHTMARE.

THOUGHTS?