•• Chapter Thirty One ••

Start from the beginning

"Viv—"

"Don't worry about it." She told him. She stepped back, and Stefan stepped forward.

"Why'd you come." he whispered. Holding her arm still, she noticed how lightly he was touching her. Like he was afraid to.

"Someone had to make sure you were okay. You will be." She told him. He shook his head.

They turned away and he headed back towards Klaus. "Where's Ray?" He asked, looking between the both of them.

"He's gone. Let's forget about him." Stefan said, walking away.

Klaus smirked and caught Vivian's arm. "Ouch. That's gotta hurt." He Said. She rolled her eyes at him. She didn't want to have to ask for his help, but she knew he would. For a price. And she was willing to do anything to keep an eye on Stefan. And maybe get him free. Damon would understand.

"I'll need your blood to cure it." She says.

"I'll give you my blood....after you find Ray."

"Are you serious?" Stefan said, "cure her, and she'll leave."

"No. Cure me, and I'll take Stefan's place. You don't need the ripper, you just like his company." She said, throwing on something to distract her thought of death. However, she was the only one that found her words amusing.

"Admiral. Truly." Klaus mused. "You still love him enough to sacrifice yourself so he could return to his precious doppelgänger. Talk about staying loyal." 
Vivian moved past the fact that what he said was wholeheartedly true. But clearly, as Klaus shook his head at her, she realized it wasn't enough to be admiral. It was then, she realized, she had stupidly become of one of his comrades alongside Stefan.

"Find Ray. " he says.

And Stefan and Vivian follow their orders. And sought out a wolf on the run.

——

  "You're crazy."  Stefan said, as they walked along the uneven path filled of leaves and pine needles. Vivian stops walking. The sun set a while ago. Darkness fell over their heads a while ago. The moon full. Crickets fills the silence as the words struggle to find their way out her mouth. Maybe she was. So what.

She did love him enough to take his place. But she also loved him enough to join his side.

"I'm dying." The words that won the race cause Stefan to stop before her. He heard Elena's voice and he got distracted and now, until they find Ray, Vivian was in fact, dying. Slowly. Painfully he was sure. Just like his brother was when he was bit. But he came to a realization that he didn't quite know how to handle. His head was so messed up. His emotions even more so he almost thought about shutting it down completely. It's what Klaus would want. Eventually, he knew it was coming anyway.

He loved Elena. He thought he did. He was sure he did. That's why he was here. To protect her. Keep her safe. Keep her alive. This whole time that was his goal. But now, Vivian involved herself. She showed up out of no where, twice.

He was mad. Of course he wasn't mad. He was just confused now. Because he was sure he loved Elena, and he was sure there was part of him that loved Katherine. But he never really stopped loving Vivian. He never got over her. And it was killing him knowing what he was doing.