Chapter Twenty-Six

Y/N POV

After we ate, I pulled a confused Mulder away from the car and towards a side alley. Mulder and I stayed in silence the whole time. I have no clue why he wasn't saying anything but I wasn't because I couldn't. This is the one place I have kept to myself, the one place where I knew I could say anything without having anyone judging.

The path went on for a while before it came to an end beside a one story stone building blocking out any possible indication of where we were. I sighed heavily and grabbed Mulder's hand, using it to ground myself. We moved from behind this building to reveal the headstones.

Hundreds of little slabs in countless rows, decorated with flowers and heartfelt messages from the family. I felt Mulder stiffen for a moment before sighing. But still I say nothing as I wordlessly pull him towards the far back right.

I stopped in my tracks when I saw a fresh bouquet of daisies. I moved again this time stopping over the slab marked 'Tristan L/N'. And resting on top were the daisies. I knew there was only one other person who would of known where to put them and they wouldn't fucking dare come here. Not after what the did to him. The wouldn't fucking dare.

"Why didn't you say?" Mulder spoke up. I didn't respond. I got down on my knees and picked up the daisy bouquet. Anger swelled in my throat like bile. I ripped the heads off the stems and threw both as far as I could in opposite directions. "Woah, hey, calm down. What's wrong, why did you do that?"

"That bitch. My mother has decided that Tristan is finally worth visiting. What the fuck? It's been nearly a decade and finally she showed some fucking remorse." I sniffed and wiped my nose, "You know, he didn't even like flowers, he said they were for girls but whenever we would get the chance we would go to the park and he would always pick two daisies. One for me and one for my mum. No matter how she treated him he would always get her a daisy. It just pisses me off that suddenly she cares, I bet she only just realized that no one cares about her. She pushed everyone away, treated them like shit or slaves. And she has the audacity to show remorse." Tears leaked from my eyes.

Usually sat here, by his grave, the tears would be out of sadness. But right now, I was filled with such unfathomable rage. "You need to calm down, regardless of whether or not she has been here with the flowers." He pulled me to face him, keeping a hold of my arms, "Look at me. You need to calm down. Okay? If not for me then for your brother, you shouldn't be here like this."

I nodded and inhaled deeply, my breath shook as I exhaled. And after a few minutes I finally calmed down enough to talk. "Thank you." I said to Mulder. I knelt next to the slab and wiped away anything on top of it.

I glanced up at Mulder and started speaking. "Hey baby, you remember back when I got my first stake out mission and I met that guy. He's here. I finally got him back after all this time. I brought him to meet you. He's absolutely amazing and I know for sure that you would love him. Oh god, I miss you so much I can't bare it sometimes, but he makes me feel better. He is everything to me and I thought such an important man should meet the only family I love. I wish you could meet each other, that would be something. You two would cause so much mischief, the fall out would be unimaginable. I love you so much, and I will come to see you more, I promise." I sniffed and wiped all the tears streaming down my face an sighed heavily.

I stood up and dusted myself off. I started to walk away, knowing that Mulder would follow. "Don't worry kid, I'll take good care of her." I heard him whisper when I turned around to see if he was following. That made me smile, and my heart ache just a little more. "I love you." Mulder said before kissing me. I pulled him in the direction of the car.

"I love you too."

751 words

Hey, long time no see. I'm not going to make any promises about posting more cause I'm struggling for ideas pretty badly. But I am trying, I have rewrote this chapter a million times and it is never just how I want it but this is as close as I feel its going to get, and you guys have waited long enough. Just wait for the next chapter, major plot happening.

Till next time honeybees xx