Chapter Twenty-five

Y/N POV

It's been a few days since the party and Mulder and I have gotten past it after our 'make up session'. But honestly, I don't really think there is anything wrong with what he did. Well yeah, he did hurt someone badly, but he did it with more then enough warning from me.

I can tell he still feels bad about it. He's been mooping around and acting sad when he thinks I'm not paying attention, so I had to do something to make him feel better. So I called Scully.

"Scully."

"I need your help with something and you can't tell Mulder." I was still apprehensive to involve Scully but she needed to be there. "I need you to call his mum and book her a flight and hotel for tomorrow. I'll pay for it but I want to surprise him."

"With his mother? I know where she lives but why can't you do it. Surely you must of met her by now."

"Yea no, we never really got to that point before and he never really visits anyway because of his dad. Look can you do this or not?" I was starting to get pissed off.

"Yes I can anything else?"

"Last thing can you book dinner for the day she gets here so we can surprise him at dinner. The Italian place by his would be great. Okay?"

"Yup got it bye."

"Bye." I said before hanging up. Well that is sorted. I moved over to my bedroom and woke Mulder up. "Hey baby, you need to get up, I want to take you somewhere."

Mulder groaned and sat up. "Okay give me a minute to get dressed. Is there anything for breakfast?"

"No but I'll make some coffee and we can pick up some bagels on the way. Okay?" He nodded and stood up. I left the room as he opened my closet. I loaded up my coffee machine and turned it on. I pulled out two travel mugs before grabbing sugar and milk. Just a I filled the mugs, my very dashing lover came out of the bedroom. I handed him his mug and checked him out.

"Quit staring, or we won't be going anywhere." I huffed, rolling my eyes. "Don't roll your eyes."

"Then stop telling me what to do."

"Last time I checked you liked me telling you what to do." He smirked as he watched my face turned shocked. I stck my tongue out at him, struggling to find a response. "Ok love, let's go then." I handed him the lid to his travel mug and placed mine on my coffee. I grabbed my keys and before I know it we are in the car on our way to our destination.

We had been driving for half an hour before I pulled up to a little café. "This place?" Mulder said confused. I shook my head and got out of the car.

"I promised bagels, didn't I?" His face changed to recognition and we went inside. "Hey Sally!" I called to waitress in a cute yellow dress and white apron.

"Hey sugar, back again so soon, you were only here a few months ago." I nodded and sighed. "Oh honey  you finally brought someone with you. And would you look at him, what a looker."

"Hey  back off he's mine." I said jokingly. "Can I just get two of my usual? I will be in my regularg booth." She gave a firm nod. And I walked Mulder over to the booth in the far back.

"So you come here often then? She seems to know you pretty well." He gestured over to Sally.

"Not really, I came in here once crying. Sally was working and calmed me down. It was the day I graduated from the academy. She gave me a bagel on the house and didn't move until she knew I was okay. She is one of my only friends in DC. She is like the mother I always needed." I smiled remembering that day.

"You were crying, why?" He took my hand and looked at me with concern. Sally then appeared and placed our bagels infront of us.

"Sweetie, you didn't tell him yet?" I shook my head and she sighed at me as she walked away.

"Didn't tell me what?" Mulder questioned, biting into his everything bagel.

"Where we are, don't worry we'll go there in a minute. Let's just eat." For the rest of the time we sat in silence. I wanted to tell Mulder where we are going but the words wouldn't come out. I know he doesn't like not having all the answers but he's just going to have to wait.

788 words