Chapter Two

Y/N POV

First day on the job of working under the X-Files. I enter FBI Headquarters, Washington DC and walk up to main reception.

The receptionist look at me with a smile which is clearly fake and overdone, "May I see some ID?"

I hold up my badge and recite, "Agent Y/N Y/L/N. I would like directions to the X-File Department, please?"

She looks at me, clearly taken aback by my bluntness, "Down the hall to the left, first flight of stairs down, first door to your right."

"Thanks." I respond in a manner which wasn't too polite.

I didn't mean to be rude, I just wasn't to cheesed about the whole 'let's oversell my confidence to make a good first impression' deal. I just want to crack on and  finish cases as they come. I didn't want to do the whole 'let's be chummy to make work a nice environment' business. I am here to do one thing and that is solve cases and get the job done.

As I followed the receptionists directions, I found myself in front of a door. I raised my hand and knocked the door twice before entering.

Looking around, I can tell that the room is messy and full of case files. Huh, who knew there were so many X-Files, I thought to myself.

Also in the room was a woman, she looked 20 to 30 years old, had blue eyes, strawberry blond which marginalised on ginger hair and a face lightly hidden with make up.

"Hello, I am Agent Y/N Y/L/N. I just transferred here, nice to meet you." This is how I always introduced myself in a transfer.

"Special Agent Dana Scully. Nice to meet your acquaintance, my, well I guess it is now our, partner will be returning shortly." She replies, and although I have just met her I can tell I will barely get along with or like her.

"I specialize in the medical part of the  profession. I also work the cases, how about you?"

I hate small talk but I still smugly return, " I don't specialize in any one thing. Due to me being transferred frequently I have a wide understanding in nearly all departments and aspects."

Just then the door handle jiggled, signifying a person is about to enter. I turn from the door to give myself an as dramatic reveal as possible, because why not have this level of extra.

The door opened and an all to familiar voice says, "Scully we are meant to have a new transfer to day."

My body stiffened as my want for flare is gone and replaced be the wind being knocked out of me. I turned slightly, it was him,  casually flicking through a file not looking up. I would recognize that voice anywhere.

"M-Mulder..."

"Y/L/N"

481 words