Chapter 41

Kate's POV

It was awkward at first, making me regret my decision but as the second turned to minutes, I started relaxing. Camryn is an amazing girl and her grandmother was really sweet. Even though i was a stranger. They made me feel included. How they interacted made me a little jealous as my parents were never so warm and kind to me. Camryn and I played with the kitten who was now named Bentail. Bentail was truly a sweetheart. After he fell asleep, Camryn suggested we watch a movie since her grandmother asked me to stay for dinner. Most of the recommended movies on Netflix Camryn had already seen. I wasn't really a movie person but I decided to just stay for dinner. The darker it got. The more i missed Blake.

After helping to wash up and thanking them mutiple times for having me over on such short nortice. I got my things and started my jorney home.

I walked slowly since there would be no Blake to rush home to. It was cold and dark but the coldness numbed my heart.

As expected the drive way was empty.

I knew he told me that he was coming tomorrow but i couldn't stop myself from still having wishful thoughts.

I have become such a clingy person.

Upstairs I changed into Blake's sweatpants and black V neck shirt before curling up with a book in bed. I was so lonely.

I couldn't focus on what the book was saying. I was still on the same page, same paragraph and same sentence, i started on.

In these short months Blake Richard infested and now took over my mind, body and soul. Lifting the sheet over my hand; i cocuned myself in warmth and endless thoughts of the times Blake and I were together. Its just been a weak since distance started growing between us and it was already unbearable.

A few tears left my eyes as the pain in my heart grew stronger; eventually sleep claimed me. A cold and lonely one at that

Blake's POV

I worked my ass off trying to make it back home to Kate today but it just wasn't possible. It was now 12:20am on Monday and Rose Valley is still 2 hours away. I am low on sleep and fucking hungry. I know that Kate must be lonely. She doesn't speak much but she wears her emotions on her sleeve. She didn't text me once. Probably not wanting to disturb me; I should have texted her but i got so caught up in the tasks i was assigned that time and time again it slipped me.

I was speeding with the music at max volume and the heater on. I could have just stopped at a hotel but I felt like nothing would be better than having Kate curled into my arms. Even if it was just for a few short hours. I missed her. Fuck. I don't think I will be able to do this every weekend. But i have to.

As I entered the house; exhaustion fell on me. My shoulders felt heavy and my legs dragged over the tiles. I went straight into the shower as I got upstairs; even though all I wanted to do was grab and cradle Kate in my arms.

I threw on a shorts and made my way to the place I was dying to return, since I left that Friday evening.

I slowly got on the bed and gently lifted the sheet over my body before I reached for Kate's sleeping form. Pulling it to me. Instinctively, she turned and her leg stranded my own. While her head made its way on my shoulder.

My heart started to quicken its pace but I was just too tired to even think about filling that role. So I snuggled deeper into her warm embrace and closed my eyes. Inhaling her sweet intoxicating scent. I fell into a peaceful slumber.
______________________________

Kate's POV

I felt a pang in my heart. As once again I woke up to an empty bed. A tear slipped from my eye and with a deep breath a gathered my courage and prepared myself for when I'll see Blake later. I got up off the bed and pushed my feet into my bed slippers and made my way to the bathroom. So I could get ready and in case Blake doesn't make it on time, walk to school.

I peed and flushed the toilet. As I clumsily removed my clothes. I pulled back the curtains and stepped into the bath. Just looking at my feet before I realized that another pair wasn't far away. With a gasp, i looked up and saw Blake.

Who was staring at me while lazily lathering the soap over his rag.
"Good morning Kate" his voice has a husky sound as though he hadn't used it for a long while.

"Blake" I said as color and life suddenly rushed into my body.

I quickly wrapped my arms around him.

"I really missed you" I said desperately.

"I don't like being away from you. I was so lonely" the truth seemed to be spilling from my lips. 

I shut my lips tightly before I revealed how clingy I have become. No guy wants a clingy girlfriend and I did not want to lose Blake over such a silly mistake.

His fingers lifted my chin and his head dipped pressing his lips against mine. It was a gentle kiss. Slowly deepening into something more. His hand moved to the back of my head. His tongue parted my lips and slipped into my mouth starting its own little exploration that I gladly obliged. The hand with his rag made it's way to my lower back. Pushing me against his lean frame. All the longing I felt made it's way into the kiss and I could keep breathlessness creeping up on me as my lungs began to cry as our kiss was disrupting it's air supply. But I just didn't want to let go of him just yet.