"Then what are you guys?"

I didn't know how to answer that question. I admit I kind of like Cameron but he was straight up pushing me away. He doesn't want me, obviously. I don't know why I kept trying. All my life, I been avoiding men. Except Antonio. But that's besides the point. I never been so desperate to get to know a person so bad.

The last time me and Cameron spoke, I decided to just completely ignore him after that. There's no point in trying to communicate with him.

"Anyway," Clarissa interrupted. Thank god. "How are you doing, Travis? We're ready for you to come home."

Travis looked at Clarissa. "I've been fine, thank you. I've been exercising and motivating myself to do better when i get out. I'm ready to finish school."

"Just one more month. I'll get you into school and get you a tutor so you can catch up on everything in school. I want you and China to graduate together. I think that's a good thing because you haven't been together for a minute."

I got excited. "Really, auntie?" She nodded.

Travis smiled. I did notice he was got muscular. He was in fact, in fit. I'm proud of him for keeping a positive mindset, even after everything we've been through. I can't relate. "Thank you so much. You don't have to do all that, honestly."

"Oh please, Travis. I insist." Clarissa is her own boss and she does real estate. I can say she's pretty wealthy. Travis thanked her again and she nodded. "You're welcome."

"Do you still draw, Little sis?" I shook my head. Travis can read me so I turn my head away. He raised his eyebrow. "Why?"

I shrugged.

"Times up!" The security guy behind said.

We all stood up. Travis waved at Clarissa and Ariana. "It was nice seeing you guys."

"See you later! It was nice seeing you" Clarissa said and Ariana waved.

He looked at me. "Little sis," He pointed a finger at me. "We'll talk about this next time."

I smirked knowing he was dying to get more info. "Yeah, I love you too."

"I love you fathead." He put the phone back and I watched him walked away.

•••

"So, how was it?" Sofia asked me through the phone and I picked my clothes out the dryer. I went into my room and threw it all on my bed. "I know you was nervous. Scary ass."

I laughed. "It was good. We talked and he was doing good, to be honest. Better than I have ever seen him."

"Well, maybe because he doesn't have worry about in the streets anymore. In there, he got to focus on himself, no distractions." She was completely right.

"I agree. That's why i'm confident that he will do better and not look at back at all the gang shit. I needed him out of it. This is a opportunity for him to start over."

"Speaking of starting over, I feel like you should've tried for cheerleading, dancing, or something."

I rolled my eyes. "Remember, I'm an artist."

"Right, yeah. Well, when's the last time you drew something, China?" I went quiet. "Exactly."

I grabbed a piece clothing and started folding as I plopped on my bed. "I am, I am. Be patient. I just haven't been feeling anything, lately. But I promise, I will."

I'm not gonna lie. After seeing my brother, it gave me a little motivation to actually start doing a hobby again. He has that much affect on me.

"Yeah, okay. Well, I'm glad that you got to see your brother. I'm happy for you."

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Wanna hang today?"

"Of course."

"Well get ready, girl."

"Okay, okay. Let me finish folding these clothes. We said our goodbyes and I hung quickly going back to what i was doing.

••••

It was kind of hard to write this chapter because I wish me and my brother was as close as China & Travis. But thank you for reading guys 💋