Chapter 15

Author's POV: 

After eating dinner at your parent's, Jihoon's parents gave you both blessings and they left. Jihoon said he'd take you to Mina's apartment. You would be picking up your stuff within this week and everything would be done soon. 

You stood on the balcony, staring at the sky. Your mother had come earlier and comforted you. But you asked her to take some rest before anything. Your father and you didn't talk much but you had a feeling he wanted to talk, maybe. 
Suddenly, you felt someone entering the balcony and saw your father entering. 

He looked down and started, "Maybe... I was wrong this time." 
You turned around with a soft frown as he continued, "I wanted my profit but I didn't realize you were living in this lifeless marriage. I thought it could work out... plus, Jihoon seemed like a good guy I thought it'd be the best for you. Maybe I was wrong." 
"You indeed were wrong." You said, looking down. 
"But it's over anyway." You added as your father looked at you, sighing. 
"I'm sorry, darling." 

You smiled a little and nodded. 
"Are you happy now that this all ended?" You smiled at his question and wondered about things you felt right now. Anxious, happy, free, scared and whatnot? 
Many things would happen soon. You'd be rumoured to be divorced and maybe many relatives would be blaming you or pointing their fingers at you. Some people would judge without knowing, some would think you did this and that, and much much would happen. But you were ready for it. 
If that's what your freedom cost you, that was fine with you.

You'd fight through all of it. And... a part of you hoped that he'd be with you. And if would, you'd be the happiest. 

"I'm on my way to being happy..." You smiled. Your father nodded and patted your head, "Live well... I won't interfere anymore." 

You both, later on, had a small casual talk about life and all, later on, Jihoon dropped you off at Mina's apartment. That night, you told her all details. 

—A week later 

Christmas was just around the corner. It was wintering now. Snow was everywhere, Christmas music playing in all nooks and corners, and the decorations were full of vibrant lights and colours. The streets were alive with people and the sky had its charm. 
Everyone had these happy looks on their faces that you couldn't help but notice. Were you also happy? You wondered. 

You had gotten your stuff from Jihoon's and moved into your apartment. Mina and you had a sleepover at your new place too. 

Your mother was confirmed to go through surgery. She had to be admitted to the hospital tomorrow. The divorce was done and you were free. 
Jihoon's friends had called you and consoled you and all... it wasn't bad. Some of your relatives heard the news and gave your parents absurd ideas and advice. Not like you cared about any of that. 

You had taken your time to heal and you were now free. You looked at Taehyung's social media.
"It's not wrong to follow him now... is it?" You smiled. It had been 2 weeks since you had seen Taehyung. Yet, his thoughts never left your mind. You simply didn't address them much. But you wanted to see him.
And you did, once. You looked at him from outside the hospital cafeteria while he sipped his coffee. But before he saw you, you left. It was the day after your divorce was completed.

You followed his social media and turned off your phone, smiling. You looked at the sky with a smile. It was snowing yet again. 

———

"Thank you. Take care." Taehyung bid goodbye to another patient of his and smiled, watching the snow outside. 
It wasn't just you who was taking her time. Taehyung took his time off from many things. He didn't see you but he sometimes scrolled through your picture. He wondered what your life had been like. Mina had informed him about one thing. 
You were divorced now.