Chapter 13

Author's POV:

If you said his name, Jihoon might put up a fight. You shook your head as he nodded, looking away.
"No one? Not at all?"
"Nope." You replied, mentally apologizing for lying. He nodded as you both watched the sunset. Later on, you finished dinner and you realized how you knew almost nothing about his eating habits. He didn't know yours either.

Come to think of it, you knew about Taehyung's eating habits better.

Like how his coffee ran cold before he finished it. Every time.
And how he was allergic to beans and hated salty and spicy food. He also liked meat and fish and didn't always prefer vegetables despite being a doctor and a huge nag about certain things.
You noticed those within the span of time and tales you heard.

But about Jihoon, you knew nothing, you realized.

Dinner passed by and it was night now. The fireworks that burst into the sky beautifully, creating illusions of colours and slowly fading away made your heart flutter. It reminded you of how you felt every time you were with Taehyung. Now that you were ending things with Jihoon, you felt freer to think about Taehyung. Without feeling guilty, because you were ending it all after all.

You smiled at the fireworks as Jihoon stared at you, taking a step closer to you. You looked at him, smiling a little.
"It's pretty, isn't it?"
He didn't reply. He stared at you and asked, "Can I kiss you?"
Your eyes widened and your lips parted but nothing came out. You had no idea why he took it as a 'yes' but he leaned into your face, your lips inches away.

No, you did not want this.

Before his lips entirely captured yours, you moved away, causing his lips to land on your cheeks instead. He pulled back, staring at you in confusion.
"I..."
"You said you didn't like someone else. Then?"
"It never meant I liked you."

He sighed, looking away and nodded. He was disappointed. But you were irritated. Why did he get ahead of himself and move closer?
"You really... didn't have to do that, you know. I told you we could end well as friends."
"We're married, literally."
"A marriage where we're nothing like married. Just 2 people who barely know each other living together for 6 months according to the contract. Don't act like we ever were a thing."

You looked away and started walking towards the car, leaving Jihoon behind. You were angry now. You hated this... because now, you could again, realize that you and Jihoon were not even meant to be friends. You had failed each other completely at this point. 

—2 days later 

"Sign the papers in advance, please. We can submit them later." You had requested Jihoon and he just nodded. You wondered if he was acting this way because of his hurt ego. 

What you didn't know was that you were right. He did try to gain feelings for you later on but he failed. But more than that, knowing that this marriage would fail and there was a high chance of Taehyung around you hurt his ego even more. 
That was all. 

He was a little confused and all but he cared about himself more either way. 

On the other hand, you were more worried about your mother's health. She kept telling you about her health becoming worse these days. Some days she was great and the medications kept her well, but the past few days, she constantly kept telling you that she fell sick. You wondered if her heart condition was becoming serious. You had to talk to Taehyung. 

Come to think about Taehyung, you wondered what to do about him. Mina said time would fix everything on its own. You smiled a little, remembering the silly indirect way of confessing. Ah... you wondered when you would be able to say it directly to him. YOu weren't the type to want to say things out loud but this time, you wished to.