Chapter 12

Author's POV: 

Taehyung stared at you, wide-eyed. You could've sworn you saw his mouth opening as well but he closed it, working his mouth for a moment before he stopped. He went speechless.
You immediately swallowed, shaking your head.
"I mean... I... mean it in a way... in a... normal... uh... I-" You let out a gasp in disbelief as Taehyung just looked away.
He let out a soft sigh, "My number. It's here." 
Thanks for changing the topic, sir. 

You nodded, seeing his phone. You quickly noted down the number in a hurry and turned off your phone. 
"I didn't mean it in that way. I..." 
"It's okay. I know you didn't."
He looked down and something in you felt bad. You didn't mean in a platonic way either.
"Taehyungsshi." He looked at you as you spoke, "If... one day... I, you know... what if I say that I like you? Not in a platonic way though." 
He frowned, "What do you mean?"

"I mean... if I'm divorced, of course. When I am... single. Then... so like... what would you do?" You asked.
"I swear it's just a casual question. Tiktok ideas." You said, hating yourself for sounding so lame. Taehyung realized what you were hinting at. But he didn't know what to say. He smiled a little, "I'd say what you would want to hear then." 
You stared into his eyes. He looked sincere and something else was evident. Something that you didn't understand. Something that made him look so reliable and real, you almost... forgot everything else.
"What do you think I would want to hear?" You asked. He smiled a little, tilting his head as if asking you if you were being for real.

Upon seeing your serious expression. He replied, "That I..."

He smiled softly, "You shouldn't use TikTok ideas on me. I'm not a good choice for funny answers."

Now it was your turn to cry. You looked away, letting out a shaky breath. 
"Mom must be waiting. I'll leave then." You got up and turned around, ready to leave but stopped hearing Taehyung's voice, "Take this... it's snowing. Must be colder than before." 
You saw him forwarding his coat to you. You wanted to wear it but you shouldn't. You looked down, "I shouldn't." 
"You don't want to catch a cold. Really... I don't have any other motives, I promise."
He whispered the last line. You looked down and sighed, "Aren't you cold yourself?" 
"I have more coats in my cabin."
He smiled. 

You scoffed and took the coat aggressively, leaving the cafe while he stood there, staring at you leave. 

He took a sip of his coffee, whispering, "It feels cold again..." 

—Time skip

Taehyung's scent, which you never let yourself notice before because you never got closer to him lingered in your nose now. And he smelled so good. The light smell of hospital alcohol and slight perfume. But it didn't smell bad. It smelled rather nice. The combination wasn't a bad one.

You kept the coat in your closet and headed towards Mina's house. 

As soon as you reached Mina's house, unlike how you expected you both to settle in and have fun first, she straight up made you sit down with her in pj's on the bed, staring at you intensely. 
"Spill the beans." 
You sighed. 

You wanted to ask about her first and talk about other things but she was adamant. Honestly, you worried about her more than your matters sometimes. All the things she did sometimes. But she was too adamant now. 

Sighing, you started, 

"It all started that day... when I first met him at Jihoon's party. But it was still fine, I didn't know much about him anyway but... when we started meeting more and more... I sort of... felt attached. I mean, it feels like I need him...with me. I know I shouldn't feel this way. I know I'm married... but my heart and mind are always turning towards someone else... someone I shouldn't turn to."