Epilogue

10 Months later...

Labor was absolutely horrendous. Lafayette screamed bloody murder as she pushed the last of her birth excess from her body. Her body was covered in a sheen of sweat, the sounds of her baby wailing interrupted the air.

"It's a boy!"

Several of her female family members were wiping her body down and scurrying around the room as they all stopped to cheer. The nursemaid cradled the baby, swaddling him gently before placing him in Lafayette's arms.

One of the maids in the room left to inform the group of men waiting anxiously in the sitting room of the birth. Moments later heavy, speedy footsteps came running into the room, the doors slamming open.

Nicholas was breathing heavily as he ran into the room, hurrying to her bedside. He kissed her square on the mouth despite her being covered in swear and tears. He slid onto the bed beside her, holding her aching body tenderly as he looked down at their new edition to their family.

The baby was no longer wailing, but silently flailing his arms around, squirming. He was pink with tawny complexion that would sure to come in later. He had a full patch of brown hair and delicate lashes that fluttered with his blinking.

"He's perfect," Nicholas muttered as he ran a finger across his son's soft cheek.

"He is, isn't he," she laughed softly. 

He kissed her temple, "You've done wonderfully, darling."

As they leaned into each other the room began to clear out. One of the maids stopped, asking gently, "What shall you name him?"

"His name is Ben. Benjamin Anderton."

Before anymore could be said the peaceful silence was disturbed by loud mummering. Angel raced back into the room. Her face pale.

Nicholas stood, his brows etched together.

Lafayette held her baby closer, rocking him as he began to cry as if sensing the sudden tension. "What's wrong?"

"It's Leo... he's gone..."

*And that is the end of Lafayette and Nicholas' story! Leo's is the next installment, I've been rewriting it for a while, and it is the official next installment of the series. Out of all of the Hugh family, this is one of the most pure out of the series...*