Chapter 24

Lafayette moaned, her body arching off of the bed. The sheets and pillows were thrown this way and that. 

Their bodies were sweat soaked, their breaths intermingling as they wrapped around each other hungrily. They kissed, lazily, rapidly and everywhere in between. Nicholas rocked his strong hips, thrusting in and out of her body.

Lafayette bucked under him, her legs quivering, and her arms tightly squeezed around his neck. Her hands were fisted in his hair, her grip painful enough to draw blood. But it didn't matter. All that mattered was the way that her body stiffened, and her legs began to shake and her breathe caught in her throat as her head fell back, breaking their everlasting kiss.

Nicholas continued to thrust, his hands wound underneath her, the palms of his hands pressing her flexing bottom closer. 

Lafayette sucked in a deep breath before she began to cry, her arms squeezing ever tighter as he rolled them onto their sides. His hands ran up and down her back, one of them stopping to wrap around the back of her neck, squeezing lightly. 

He clasped her mouth once more, his tongue running over her kiss swollen lips before dancing around her own. Nicholas groaned into her mouth, his free hand sliding up the side of her body to cup her breast.

He kneaded it in his hand as he continued his onslaught. And then Lafayette was crying again, her body tensing, trying to pull her head back to break the kiss but the hand he had wrapped around the back of her neck prevented her.

Her legs began to shake uncontrollably as she finally snatched her lips away to suck in a deep breath, her voice hoarse as she screamed, "Nicholas!"

He nudged his face into her neck, his lips kissing and licking at her skin there as he stiffened, the sound of his name from her lips his undoing. 

He held her body ever close, the both of them spasming around the other until they rolled, collapsing onto the bed. He was half on top of her, her right arm wrapped under his head.

The sounds of their heavy breath rung out in the room. As their bodies began to relax, the began to caress each other, her fingers playing lightly in his hair. His leg thrown across her waist, his hand gently caressing her face.

How many days had they been trapped in this room, unable to leave it and the comforts of each other. Trays of food had begun to pile up on the bed side table. Pitchers of drinking water lined alongside them.

The curtains were drawn, as they had been since they stepped foot into the room. Neither knew the time of day. 

And none of it matter as they wrapped around each other once more, her arms around his shoulder's and his around her waist. Their names and silly giggles of contentment on each others lips.

They made love on and off again. Faintly stopping to each of the food left on a silver tray outside the doors, and to sleep, and to talk of sweet promises and of sweet somethings before making love again. Surely, if she were not pregnant now, she would be so now.

And then finally, when they were exhausted, really, and truly, they settled against each other once more, Nicholas breathlessly and tiredly whispering against her neck, "I love you..." His soft snores trailing after the sentiment.

Lafayette gasp, her tired eyes watering as she hugged him close, giggling, "Oh, God, Nicholas... I love you!" Still his snores continued but she didn't mind it. She promised herself that the moment they opened their eyes, she would hear him say it again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

A knock on their door is woke them on first light. Nicholas jerked awake, his slightly over grown hair falling into his eyes. Eyes which were trained on his sleeping wife's face. She was tucked underneath him, her breasts pointed up, her brown skin gleaming.

Her chest rose and fell delicately, her long lashes fluttering along her cheek. Her pouting, kiss swollen lips slightly parted, her in total disarray and matted to her head. He had never seen anything more beautiful. 

He leaned down to press kisses along her jaw and down to her neck. His tongue rolled over her tender skin there and she moaned, twisting her body as if trying to escape from his ministrations. His hands trailed down and massaged her body as they travelled down. And then she was awake and full of sighs and a chuckle, "Again? Haven't you had enough?"

He nuzzled skin before reaching up to nibble her ear. "Of you? No man is that strong. Especially not I. Not when it's you."

That answer made her shiver and just as she went to wrap her arms around his neck, the knock against the door came again. Only louder. More adamant.

Nicholas groaned, shouting, "Go away!"

This time no knocking came, only a very familiar, very urgent voice followed, "Faye?!"

The two of them stiffened, Lafayette's eye wide as she pushed Nicholas against the chest and off of her. She sat up, her eyes on the bedroom door. She knew that voice!

"Faye! Get out here! Now! I should bloody well beat you for running off with him without telling even telling! And then the audacity to not even write me?!"

Lafayette laughed, "Angel!" She slid off the bed, scrambling along the floor for any piece of clothing she could find it the realization hit her. She froze, standing up straight, her sister was here...

Her mind instantly went to her mother and father and she turned on her heels, meeting Nicholas' eyes. Her family was here.

"Lafayette Hug- ugh, Anderton! You bring your butt out here, now!"

Lafayette blinked out of her stupor before moving toward the door, saying quickly, "Send for a bath, Angel. We'll be right out."