Funny me.

She took a few seconds when she spoke, her voice low and cheekiness bold in her voice, "Oh shut up. Can I talk to him?"

I covered the mouthpiece and looked at him, "The lizard wants to talk to you. I thought I only understood Parseltongue, but turns out I can clearly understand lizards as well, the disgusting creatures slithering on the walls, scaring half of the population just by their oh-not-so-impressive presence. Would you, a clearly cold-blooded reptile or mammal or amphibian or whatever the fuck you are, like to talk to her?"

He chuckled extending his arm to hold the phone, "Oh shutup. And yes."

"Funny how she just said an i-love-you to me by the same phrase as well. So, Mr. Ashton Romanno, I hereby confess being in my complete sanity that I too, love the living fuck out of you-"

"Are you giving me the phone or you're okay with losing your penis? And then obviously girlfriend because you'll be useless."

I laughed before addressing her, "The sicko you are dating would be glad to be your client for today. Hope you lose your voice." and giving him the phone, I pinched him as he hit his foot against my leg and I left the room to give them some privacy.

My love for him my ass. Huh.

ASHTON

"Heyyyy." she sounded so goddamn hot and beautiful, it hurt me.

"Hi love. How are you?"

"Forget me, tell me about you, are you-"

"How can I forget about you? Tell me, how are you?"

"Good. Now how are you? Does it hurt, does it bleed, does-"

"Angel, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes yes, I'm completely fine. No bullet can kill me this easily and this early into the game."

"Ashton, this isn't a joke. When are you coming back?"

I smiled, "Never."

"How sad, your balls will go to waste."

My eyes widened, "And what do you mean by that?"

"I'll hit you in the balls if you refuse to come to me."

I laughed, "I'll be back as soon as I'm fit enough to travel."

"Can I come there?"

As if on impulse I replied, "No."

"But whyyy?"

"Because it's not safe for you and-"

"Ashton, nothing will happen and-"

"No."

"But Ashton, pleas-"

"Sophia, the topic is closed. I said no and a no means no. No further arguments."

She huffed, "I hate you."

I smiled, "Say that one more time."

"I love youuuuu, do whatever you want with that."

I laughed before whispering, "I love you too, mi amore and I'm afraid if Massimo is recording this call."

She sucked in a harsh breath, "If he is, kick him in the groin."

"What's your fascination with groins?"

"Because a kick there lands even a muscular man to the ground."

I chuckled before whispering 'I love you' again before talking for some more time. Once we were done, I called Massimo in.

"Please tell me you were not recording the call."

He grinned, "Smarty pants and oooo, I got Skittles but forgot to buy Smarties and to answer your question, yes I hell was recording the call, beat my ass if you can."

"I'll send your ass to hell and even you know I can."

"Ashton-"

"Fuck off. Delete the recording."

"I'm kidding. I didn't."

The hospital was persistent on keeping me for two more days since I had been in a coma for long and I was not agreeing when Sophia rained hell on me from Italy and the result being? I stayed in the hospital, in a hospital room, on a hospital bed, for two straight days. And as soon as they ended, I wasted no time in making my way to the airport after collecting gifts for Sophia and Everleigh before boarding the plane.

I couldn't wait to meet my angel.

*

It was three at night when we reached Italy. I hadn't told Sophia that I would be coming at this time as she wouldn't have slept and waited for me; and I didn't want that. I didn't want her to stay awake and keep waiting for me. It was better for her to rest and to look after herself. I could take care of my ownself.

The whole house was plunged into the darkness of the night—save for the silver moonlight pouring through the french windows—when I slowly made my way upstairs towards my room.

Slowly opening the door to my room, I peeked in to see a body laying on the bed. A smile crept on my face as I knew it was Sophia. Her perfect curves were clearly visible with the moonlight coming from the windows. She was sleeping on my side of the bed when my smile started to sag and my cheeks started to hurt. Quietly, taking off my clothes, I drew the curtains to make sure that the room was pitch dark before I got into bed only in my boxers. I couldn't sleep even if a bit of light was in the room. It had to be completely dark.

My legs and arm still did sting from the pain of the bullets but each time they used to hurt me, I used to tell myself to suck it up and be strong. Of how I should be ready to endure this whenever something like this happens again, in wherever place, in whatever position.

Making sure that my angel didn't wake up, I slowly circled my arms around her waist to snuggle up to her when I felt a soft cloth. Confused, I sat up straight to have a clear look. I turned on the torchlight from my phone and saw my black dress shirt with Sophia's nose buried in it as she slept. My heart tugged on it's corners and warmth instantly spread through my whole body as I felt love for this woman yet again.

I never wanted to leave her side again. I wanted to hug her and keep her close, kiss her and just never ever let go of her. Turning off my phone and throwing it behind somewhere, I laid down, draped an arm around Sophia's stomach and pulled her in close when her soft back made contact with my rough chest. I removed the strand of hair from her face before I bent down and placed a soft kiss on her cheek and whispered, "I love you, angel."

And oh, how I missed wrapping my arms around her. I finally dozed off to a peaceful sleep within a few seconds, after staying away from her for more than two weeks, counting the days I was in a coma too.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Reviews about this?

Also, I will try to keep uploading excerpts here. Before anyone asks this again, I am really sorry but uploading the whole book here would really not be possible for me. I would love to see any of you give yearssssss to a specific work of yours and then give it away for free while the other makes money for your hardwork. I told this before that I never started writing for earning, but when, since many of you know what happened, the events occurred........ I had no other choice but to stop.

Till this day, I hate that woman who did this and I hate her with all of my guts and I hope she rots for stealing people's work and earning unlawful money that was never hers in the first place. I fucking hate her so much. But, sorry I can't do much other than just small excerpts. My other books are being updated, so you can check them out.

Peace!

A.ZChaudhry

My insta: anachaudhry123

Insta: A.ZChaudhryBooks