A short excerpt for Everleigh Romanno

Okay so I was on discord and a reader suggested of a scene of Ashton teaching Everleigh on how to read a clock. I wrote the short scene quite quickly to be honest and it isn't edited fully so please ignore the mistakes or flaws and go with it. It isn't part of the book, but I may add it. I liked it and hence decided to put it here as well, as many aren't on discord and it was a cute scene in my opinion. Hope you enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASHTON

She sat next to me when I placed the small clock in front of her, "Okay princess look, one hour has sixty minutes like one minute has sixty seconds. Now the numbers on the clock are till twelve and twelve represents sixty. How? We apply the table of five here. I made you learn the table of five so when the big needle is at one, think what if five times one. It's five so this means that five minutes have passed. Similarly, if the needle is at eight, think what is eight times five, which is a forty which means that forty minutes have passed. Now since there are twelve numbers here meaning twelve times five meaning sixty, so there are five intervals between thegap of each number. For example, between one and two there are five intervals. Since one represents five minutes and two represents ten minutes, subtract them, a difference of five, so that five is divided into the five intervals so on the clock each small interval represents one minute. Now," I looked at her, "You are getting it right?"

She nodded, "Somewhat."

I inhaled and exhaled, "Hmm. It's okay. We'll go slowly okay princess? You'll get the hand of it."

She eagerly nodded when I took out a piece of paper and tried to jot down the points for her to understand, trying my level best to make my handwriting readable when when was concentrating hard and taking everything in. Once I had repeated the same thing thrice, she got a hand of it when I placed the clock in front of her. I turned the needles and made the both of them point at twelve, "Princess what time would this be?"

"Twelve."

"Very good. Twelve o clock." I moved the minute needle to 4 and looked at her when she suddenly got confused, "Twelve forty five."

"How?"

"Four into five so four and five, forty fiv.....oh no. Four into five," and she spoke under her breath, "Four fingers out," she put out four fingers and then pointed her forefinger to her brain muttering, "and five in my mind. Four into fiveeeeeeeee..........uhhhhhh......." she looked at me pouting, "I'm nervous."

I chuckled kissing her forehead, placing my arm around her waist and pulling her close, "Why are you nervous."

"Math teachers lose temper easily."

I placed my hand on my hip, "Heyyyy. Not everyone loses temper and you know I will never lose temper with you. So take your time and think. What's five into four?"

She took her time when she looked at me, "Twenty."

I ruffled her hair, "Brilliant. So what's the time?"

"Twelve twenty."

"Perfect."

I moved the needle so the minute hand was pointing at ten and the hour needle was between seven and eight, a bit closer to eight when I looked at her, "Now?"

She focused on the clock when she said after a while, "It's close to eight but not at eight meaning seven."

"Yes."

"The small needle-"

"Minute needle my love."

"Yes, the minute needle, is at ten meaning ten into five and you said whenever multiply by ten, just add the zeroes to that number meaning five with a zero makes it fifty, so the time is seven fifty."