1.

"Flight attendants, prepare for landing please."

"Cabin crew, please take your seats for landing."

The pilot's voice wakes me up through the intercom. I fasten my seatbelt and close my eyes, my head hurts. I feel the plane fly down, and my stomach drops. It'll all be over soon. I feel a small jump underneath me like we've hit a speed bump. Why is everything happening so fast?

"Ladies and gentlemen, Etihad Airlines welcomes you to Wolverhampton. The local time is 13:34. For your safety and the safety of those around you, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened and keep the aisle clear until we are parked at the gate."

The captain says something again, I stay seated for around 10 minutes before we were all ushered out by the flight attendants. I quickly grab my laptop and put it in my backpack before walking behind mum out of the plane.

Fresh air.

We walk a while before reaching that conveyor belt thing where you grab your bags. Why have I never known what it's called? Anyway, I grab my suitcase as well as my mum's and give it to her. We walk outside and mum leads me to the car. I walk inside the car after putting my suitcase in the boot.

"Wolverhampton is a nice town, honey, I promise you'll love it here," Mum says, her voice a bit raspy, "And I mean, you like One Direction right?" She says sounding a bit too enthusiastic, "Yeah, their music is great," I explain, I'm not crazy about them,  just their music, "Well, that Liam boy grew up here! Just like me!" She yells, does she not experience the jet lag I'm experiencing? I just nod and smile a little in response seeing as she's so excited about this.

She drives around for a while before stopping at a house with a white picket fence, a flower garden, and a porch with a swing chair on it, it's a classic small townhouse. "We have arrived," Mum announces.

"The keys are under the mat  right?" I ask mum and she answers with a nod, I look under the mat and like she said the keys were right there. I open the door and I'm met with a room full of furniture and boxes. I walk inside and head upstairs to the room that mum described to me. The room has light blue walls and a small window across from the door with a built-in window seat. I throw my things on the bed and head into the bathroom which has a bath, a shower head attached to the bath, a toilet of course and a small basin. Nice room.

I take off my shoes and sweater and put on the first shirt I see in my suitcase, it's slightly cropped and form-fitting but I could care less, I just want to unpack and sleep, so spending ten minutes looking for the"perfect shirt" won't work out. Why do I have this shirt anyway if I don't wear it?

I walk towards the built-in wardrobe and start packing in my clothes quickly before going downstairs to see if mum needs any help. I find her packing dishes into the cupboards with her hair in a low ponytail. "Need any help?" I ask her, "Yes please, can you just help me pack the dishes, after that we can move things around, unpack the lamps, etc., etc." I nod and help her with everything she asked. 

We spend the rest of the day moving things around and unpacking before we finally finish at around 5-ish. Mum orders a pizza since we're both not in the mood to cook. We eat, watch a movie, call a few friends and family to let them know we're okay and prepare to go to sleep, as I walk inside my room I hear mum call my name, "Don't forget, we're going to my work party tomorrow okay?" I nod and say goodnight. I walk into bed and feel the sleep wash over me, I can do a work party, I'll just pretend I'm there to support mum and eat all the snacks! I'll make it work.