Lustful Future

Previously:
*Sigh* #It pains me, but maybe I must ask for his help... How ironic. The very being I try to dispose of is probably the only one that can stand against that.# he added while laying down again.

"Troublesome..." he muttered and closed his eyes.

Chapter 3:
Lustful Future

*In the Throne Room*

When you reached the deepest floor of The Great Tomb of Nazarick and passed through the Lemegeton, you arrived at the Throne Room. The Lemegeton, a theater-like domed hall with four-colored crystal lamps hanging from the ceiling as well as 72 niches in the walls filled with statues resembling demons, is the last defense of the tomb. This space stands between the rest of the floors and the Throne Room.

The Throne Room, which is where the Throne of Kings is situated, as well as the place where Ainz sat, was a gigantic room with enough space to fit hundreds of people. The room had a high ceiling surrounded by walls that were mostly withe decorated with highlights of gold. Hanging from the ceiling are multiple precious stone chandeliers, rainbow-colored, which emitted dreamlike, fantastic radiance. Hanging from flagpoles embedded into the walls are numerous flags with the crests of the different Supreme Beings (41).

In the Throne Room, sitting on the throne, there was a being, wearing his usual elaborated, jet-black academic gown adorned with golden and violet edges, its name: Ainz Ooal Gown. The skeleton creature was emanating an intimidating aura of strength and confidence. However, not only his behavior and appearance could produce this feeling, he was sitting on the Throne of Kings. This chair was acquired when you cleared The Great Tomb of Nazarick when the world was still only a game. Moreover, this carved single mass of obsidian which back touch the ceiling is a powerful World Item that, not only allowed its user (the one sitting on it) to see all of its comrade's status, but also defended the tomb against divination magic, activating countermeasures in its defense system.

In front of the Overlord, a certain demon was kneeling. The Arch-Devil was there to ask a simple question to his lord.

"Ainz-sama... I wondered if..." the demon trailed off.

"Speak up Demiurge. Voice your thoughts." spoked the undead.

"Yes... I wondered if you truly believe that making peace with humans is the best course of action." Demiurge continue.

"Are you doubting my motives?" Ainz questioned.

"I would never do such things. It is just that, with all due respect, many of Nazarick's inhabitants believe that enslaving those weak beings would be a better way to acquire this box of jewels." added the Arch-Devil.

"I understand your concern, Demiurge. Nonetheless, it is, for now at least, the best strategy." responded the Overlord.

"Of course, Ainz-sama." Demiurge said, after a pause he added, "Now, if you allow it, I will take my leave." to which he got a dismissive wave of the hand from the ruler.

*Outskirt of Nazarick, Later That Day*

Demiurge, this 1.8 meter tall, dark skinned and black haired Arch-Devil, was walking close by, but still a little far away from the tomb's walls. The gentlemanly dressed silver tailed man was wondering about the question he asked his lord. It was troubling him. Why did he ask it? He never would have done that before, so what changed? Also, the response he got wasn't satisfying. He didn't doubt the undead, not at all, but he couldn't help to wonder, is it really the best course of action? The demon is really intelligent, he always understood and planned everything beforehand, even more than Ainz, so it is alarming when he believes that something is wrong.

Caught in his thoughts, the demon didn't see the strange being that was walking toward him. This applies to the entity that was arriving as well. She was wondering, who is she? How did she end up here? She couldn't remember a thing from before the last five minutes. Bumping into each other, they looked up. They 'eyes' met. The girl was wearing a gas mask. However, this mask was strange because it wasn't actually a mask, it was her face. Nonetheless, both beings could feel that their eyes were meeting, and they couldn't look away. It was like they were trapped in each other's gaze.