The Prophecy

Previously:
Albedo was watching the source of the reflection. In normal circumstances, she wouldn't mind, but she was somehow attracted to whatever was there. Thus, slowly, but surely, she was walking towards the source, close to the river.

Chapter 2: The Prophecy

Albedo arrived at the source of the reflection, she crouched and picked up an old-looking book. Titled 'The Prophecy of The Devil' the book emanated an aura of great strength and evil even though it was sealed. The succubus looked at the said seal and realized that it was from ancient times. This kind of seal requires the summoning of a god and the sacrifice of, not only the summoner, but 50,000 souls. The souls are used as a gift for the summoned god, and when it receives it, it uses its magic to seal whatever the summoner wants. In this case, the sealed thing is the book.

Many questions arose when Albedo picked the book. Who could have written it? Why would it be sealed with such magic? Is this the book the demon spoked of? How do you open the seal? Can you even open it? The succubus knew that if someone had the answers to these questions, it would be Ainz. He is one of the 41 supreme beings after all, nothing can stand in his way. Thus, Albedo put the book in a safe place and headed to finish her mission with the elves.

Mare is almost done with the healing, while Aura is sitting in a corner playing around with animals. When the succubus entered the little building, every noise stopped and all faces turned toward her. They seemed to wait for her to say something, but she didn't. Instead, she looked around and saw that the elves weren't done.

Albedo used <Message> to talk to the two siblings, [Aura, Mare, I will be returning to report to Ainz-sama.] she said.

The spell <Message> allows communication between individuals without the use of the voice. Their thoughts are connected to each other, thus enabling one to share information without being caught.

[Understood.] they both responded.

After that little exchange, Albedo turned around, her back now facing the inhabitants, and headed out, leaving the elves to their tasks.

*Nazarick, Few Moments Later*

The succubus arrived between the walls of Nazarick with <Gate> and traveled to the lowest floor with the ring that Ainz gave to the guardians. She made her way through the halls towards the undead's office. When in front of the giant double door, she knocked three times.

"Enter." a muffled voice could be herded. However, this voice could never be mistaken by Albedo, it was her Ainz-sama's after all.

The guardian entered the office, walked beside the desk, bowed slightly and said, "Ainz-sama, I have returned."

"I can see that indeed. What happened?" he asked.

"A few hundred imps attacked the village, half were dealt with by the goblins when we arrived." she responded.

"And what about the other half?" the undead demanded.

"We dealt with it. While Aura and I were fighting the remaining imps, Mare was tasked to heal the injured." the succubus informed.

"I see. Why did you heal the wounded?" Ainz asked. Not that he wasn't happy about it, he just wondered because he knew that Nazarick's inhabitants aren't fond of human beings.

"I-I believed that it would have pleased you. Shall I go kill these weaklings?" she asked, already ready to kill some weak humans.

"No, no! That is not what I meant! I just wondered is all." he said and added, "Is there something else?"