01. get a room

chapter one ; get a room

════ ♰ ════

Nancy Reagan High School was a poor choice for the Addams family. The horrid reputation had been made before the family even settled and apparently anything associated with the Addams name was trouble.

It started when Wednesday Addams discovered her younger brother Pugsley stuffed inside her locker. It ended with blood, flesh, and angry piranhas in the school pool. Then, not long after, there was a report that Wednesday's newly transferred cousin attacked the tennis kids with their own rackets for insulting Wednesday. She didn't even last a week.

perspective change ;; second pov

"Will you two get off of each other before I stab myself in my left eye?" You spoke frigidly. "Why just the left one?" Pugsley murmured from the front seat.

"Her least favorite." Wednesday spat.

You and your closest cousin impatiently sat in the back seat, watching Morticia and Gomez ferociously make out. "Get a room." Wednesday snarled.

You and Wednesday weren't exactly the same; in fact, she was the darker one, but you definitely had your moments. You had more personality, however you never got to show it because everyone you'd ever met was afraid of your last name.

"Don't be prude, my darlings. Nevermore is the best option for kids like you." Gomez spoke. You ignored how backhanded that came out and focused on where you were.

"Mother, I have no desire to follow in your footsteps. I am not a different version of you." Wednesday continued her lecture while you gazed out the window, you watched the weather change immediately as you pulled into the academy.

"What a beautiful day," Morticia said, as rainclouds quickly formed within the sky, the feeling of lightning and electricity rushing through your veins. It was as if it was all planned for your arrival.

When you arrived at the school, you were taken aback by how large it was, but it was basically a college, so you expected nothing less. "My little roses, you'll fit right in." Gomez commented.

You cracked a small grin. You were more than excited, but you knew how Wednesday felt around her parents, and given how close the two of you were, you would fake a little disinterest to make her parents think they fucked up.

You stepped out, taking in the dewy atmosphere as Lurch opened the door for the others. A few raindrops fell on your head, which felt extremely refreshing given how steamy the ride was from Gomez and Morticia's numerous kissing sessions.

When you got inside, you all went straight to the principal's office and sat down next to Wednesday in a chair while the principal went on a rant about how unusual her name was.

She gave you a look "Addams, Y/N What a beautiful name." That was the most phony nonsense you'd ever heard. "I saw on here that you and Wednesday are cousins?" She spoke slowly and softly, as if her intention was to irritate you.