Chapter 41: Master Nine Was Frustrated

In the presidential suite on the top floor of the Empire Hotel in the largest hotel in a luxurious city, the man sitting at the study desk had one hand on the laptop in front of him and the other holding the phone to his ear. The man was wearing a white shirt with half of his sleeves rolled up. Two of the buttons on his collar had been undone. He had sharp eyebrows and almond-shaped eyes. His face was handsome and cold, and he exuded a strong sense of attractiveness.

There was a strange expression on his face, as if there was a hint of surprise and an undetectable joy.

Who would have thought that this man had a cold gaze just a mere second ago? He looked very angry and a little anxious.

Upon hearing the young lady's words over the phone, Yin Jiujin was indeed a little stunned. However, he was quickly affected by her bell-like laughter. He couldn't help but imagine the young lady smiling sweetly.

Yes, she must have looked silly.

However, he really wanted to see the girl in person now.

A week was neither long nor short, but it was his first time talking to the girl.

He had only been texting the little girl these few days.

Speaking of texting, he was not someone who liked to nag, nor was he someone who would easily worry about others. However, after parting with the girl, he was always worried about her. If he wasn't too busy and had a cold personality, it definitely wouldn't be as simple as one to three messages a day.

He was always worried that the young lady would not be used to being in the Yan Family. He was even more worried that the young lady would be bullied.

Fortunately, the little girl would reply immediately every time he sent a message. Even though most of the time, the little girl's reply was very simple, and sometimes, she would only reply with likes "Mm", "Yes", "Alright", and so on. It was so short that it made him feel depressed. However, he could at least receive her reply immediately, but this time, his phone had been silent for almost three minutes. He thought that something had happened to the little girl.

1

He quickly called her.

He was very angry initially, but after hearing the girl's words and laughter, he'd forgotten to be angry. His mood even became inexplicably better.

The girl lady might look silly, but she knew that he would call her if she didn't reply to his message. She wasn't stupid.

However, this kind of thing could only happen once. It could not be encouraged.

"I'll forget about it this time. You'll have to reply to my messages as soon as possible in the future." However, he had forgotten that he, Yin Jiujin, had never easily forgiven someone for making a mistake.

Yan Jinyu was obviously an exception.

The girl chuckled and nodded repeatedly, "Yes, yes."

"Is Brother Nine still busy?"

Looking at the document on the computer in front of him that still needed to be dealt with, Yin Jiujin said without changing his expression, "No."

Yan Jinyuknew that he wasn't telling the truth, but she didn't intend to expose him, "Then when can Brother Nine's matter be settled?"

"...Soon." The girl's question made him feel that she wanted him to return to North City earlier. His heart felt a little warm.

It seemed like he had to hurry up and settle the matters here. At least, he had to rush back before the young lady's coming-of-age ceremony.