☆ Have you seen yourself? ☆

Start from the beginning

"If I told you, then you'd want nothing to do with it."

He wasn't wrong, and you'd knew it.

"Joseph had talked about his grandson, and I knew you'd find him intriguing. Mr. Joestar seemed rather confident it would happen. I, on the other hand, figured it was a 50/50 chance. I wasn't too confident. I didn't and still don't care who with, I just don't want you... going around anymore."

You just hum, borderline ignoring him. He was trying not to insult you, but you wouldn't have felt insulted either way. If he wanted to call you a sleaze, he could have and you still wouldn't be offended.

"When we get back to Cairo, I'm finding you someone. I've caught some ladies lingering outside the store, talking about you. And some guys for that matter, if that's what you're into. Clearly you aren't gonna' get any judgement from me."

"I appreciate it, but that just isn't for me. Let's focus on getting back to Cairo safely for now."

"Right... but then-"

"We'll see."

You celebrate a silent victory, relaxing in your chair.

He deserved love just as much, if not more, than everyone else.

You both talked for a while longer, talking until the door opened and the rest of your group walked in.

Polnareff limped behind everyone else, dragging himself in.

You stand up, giving him your chair, he immediately slumps down into it.

You walk to the window and look outside. Not to say that you were insecure about your appearance at the moment, but you weren't thrilled.

Muhammad knows better than to ask questions.

"Everyone," Muhammad greets. "I have wonderful news!"

"News? You didn't say anything to me," you cross your arms and turn from the window.

Polnareff looks at you, mouth ajar, just staring. Mr. Joestar was aware, and thus he was not so shocked. Jotaro didn't seem to mind or care.

You appreciated that.

"I was trying to wait until everyone was gathered here," he explains. "I'm perfectly okay, and I'm ready to be released today."

"That's great news!" Mr. Joestar smiles. "The sooner everyone heals, the sooner we can keep moving."

"I'm glad you're doing better, Avdol," Jotaro says.

"Thank you," he looks extremely happy.

You chose to keep your mouth shut. Not that you weren't happy that he was better, but you just didn't want him in harms way.

Polnareff stays slumped in his chair, he had probably fallen asleep.

"What happened to him?" Muhammad asks.

"Hungover," you quickly reply. "I think he went drinking last night."

You shift the blame to him, not putting yourself anywhere near the situation.

Polnareff wakes up not long after, looking around the room. His eyes catch you.

"Are we just going to ignore the elephant in the room here? What's going on with Akira's face?"

"Polnareff!" Mr. Joestar reprimands.

"It's fine," you were a lot less defensive than you'd expect from yourself. "We're not sure why it's like that, it hasn't happened before."

"Because of it," Muhammad interjects, "they're not going to use their stand until the bruising disappears in a couple of days."

"His rules, not mine."