☆ Crashing again? ☆

TW: SH (it's the baby stand chapter)
-
Mr. Joestar took off, bumpy as expected from a not so experienced pilot.

Polnareff loudly (and obnoxiously) yawned, stretching out and further crowding the cramped space he, Kakyoin, and the baby were sharing.

"I always get so tired when I'm on planes," he wipes his mouth. "If you don't mind, Mr. Joestar, I'm going to take a thirty minute cat-nap."

"That's fine," Mr. Joestar mumbles. He was clearly too preoccupied flying the plane to care.

Before takeoff, Mr. Joestar used Hermit Purple to check the plane. No stand users were hiding onboard waiting to attack, you knew that. But, all the while you couldn't help but feel that something was off.

As Polnareff drifted into sleep, you noticed Kakyoin had as well.

"Yare yare daze, Couple of big babies," you sigh.

You relaxed next to Jotaro, catching his eyes every so often.

Then you felt it, a stand presence. Not a familiar one, a new one.

"There's a stand user somewhere nearby," you look at Mr. Joestar, who just brushes you off.

"We're kilometers high in the air, no one's coming up here to get us."

"Yare yare daze, I'm sick of you doubting me, you geezer, Just... stay alert."

"Okay Jotaro 2." Mr. Joestar

You notice Kakyoin and Polnareff shuffling around in the backseat.

"Anyway," you begin. "Kakyoin had a dream last night with a card in it. Major Arcana Card 13, Death. The card itself foreshadows and end and a new beginning, but also symbolizes preconception; knowledge from the future. It would be wise not only to assume the next stand user we face will bear the card, but also that Kakyoin has—"

"Don't you hear yourself?" Mr. Joestar asks. "You can't put your faith in the symbolic meaning of a card."

"Respectfully, Mr. Joestar, this trip is happening on my turf. I travel all across the land fighting stand users with the help and knowledge of these cards, and they have yet to let me down." You pull yourself together. "I'm just saying, don't be surprised when these things happen, because these cards by which your stand is named have yet to let you down either."

He doesn't respond. Silence, save for the sound of the engine, takes over.

That is until a smell fills the cabin and the three of you look back and forth between each other. With a grunt, you reach back and start lightly hitting and shaking Polnareff.

"Come on, Shithead, wake up," he stirs awake, rubbing his head. "Change the baby's diaper."

He stays with his head in his hand, pinching his temples.

"Come on, Polnareff," Mr. Joestar speaks. "I want that diaper changed this year."

"Ugh," he grunts. "I feel like I had some kind of terrifying nightmare, but I can't remember at all. I've forgotten everything."

You look at him, as you put the pieces together.

"First Noriaki, now you too," you whisper.

They have to be connected, and they have to be connected to Death.

"You can go back to dreamland after you change the diaper," Mr. Joestar says. "We won't bother you again."

You notice Kakyoin twitching as you drown out Polnareff's incessant complaining.

Kakyoin then begins kicking and screaming, thrashing all over the cabin. He keeps repeating "Stop it!", over and over again. You begin to crawl over the seat to pin him down as he kicks Mr. Joestar in the face, causing him to lose control over the plane.