1: What Lies Ahead

After they got away from the CDC, they had to leave behind a bunch of cars to save fuel

After they got away from the CDC, they had to leave behind a bunch of cars to save fuel. In the end, they had Daryl's bike, the RV, and the station wagon.

Rick, Lori, Carl, Carol and Sophia were in the station wagon. Dale, Glenn, Bianca, Andrea, Shane and T were in the RV. Daryl was leading the pack on his bike.

Bianca was sitting on the floor of the RV as she watched Shane clean his gun. "Looks complicated." Andrea said, sitting across from him.

"The trick is getting all these pieces back together the same way. I could clean yours, show you how." Shane reached down and grabbed Andrea's gun from the bag.

Shane checked it out then held it up to see how it feels. "Oh yeah. It's a sweet piece." He said to her. "It was a gift from my father. He gave it to me just before Amy and I took off on our road trip. He said two girls on their own should be able to defend themselves."

"Smart man, your father. Look it's a-- it's a limited capacity. See? Only holds seven rounds." Shane started, but was interrupted by Dale. "Oh jeez." Everyone turned to face the front and saw a bunch of cars blocking the way.

The rumble of Daryl's bike got louder as he came up to Dale's window. "See a way through?" Dale asked as Bianca and Glenn looked at the map. Daryl nodded his head and turned back around.

Dale started slowly moving as Glenn spoke. "Uh, maybe we should just go back." Bianca continued for him. "There's an interstate bypass--" She was interrupted by Dale.

"We can't spare the fuel." Dale tried to maneuver the RV carefully through the cars but before long, the RV made a loud noise and started smoking. Dale looked mad as ever that his RV keeps failing him.

Everyone loaded out of the cars to see what the problem was. "I said it. Didn't I say it? A thousand times. Dead in the water." Dale ranted. "Problem, Dale?" Shane asked, looking around at the cars before turning to Dale.

"Just a small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope--" Dale cut himself off as he looked around. "Okay, that was dumb." He muttered.

"If you can't find a radiator hose here..." Shane trailed off. "Theres a whole bunch of stuff we can find." Daryl said, rummaging through the trunk of the closest car.

"I can siphon more fuel from these cars for a start." T said. "Maybe some water?" Carol asked. "Or food." Glenn said. "This is a graveyard." Lori said, making everyone turn to look at her. "I don't know how I feel about this."

Bianca walked over to her and gently set her hand on Lori's shoulder. Lori gave her a small appreciative smile at her efforts. "Come on, y'all. Just look around, gather what you can." Shane ordered.

Bianca left Lori's side to start scavenging. She walked up to a deep blue nissan and looked inside. There were no bodies, not much blood. She opened the door but was caught off guard by the horrible smell.