[𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚]𝙋𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙤𝙛 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣

ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ꜱᴘᴀʀᴋꜱ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇ ᴛᴏ ꜰʟʏ ʙᴇᴛᴡᴇᴇɴ ᴄᴏɴɴᴏʀ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴀᴜʀɪᴇ ᴅᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴀ ᴘʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴄᴇ....

    CONNOR walked into the living room where Jamie was sitting, cross legged and seemingly meditating

CONNOR walked into the living room where Jamie was sitting, cross legged and seemingly meditating. Connor was in a good mood, he'd scored a touchdown, flirted with the girl he liked, talked to her for hours over the phone, all happening the night before.

"What're you doing?" Connor said loudly. Jamie turned around to face his stepson, placing down the musical pipe he'd been whistling away on and the small bell he'd rung a few times in means of whatever weird meditation he was preforming.

"What was I doing? Transcendental Meditation. It's where I repeat a mantra to myself, until I reach a deeper state of consciousness." Jamie explained.

"Hm. What's a mantra?" Connor asked, taking a seat on the couch.

"A mantra, is a word or phrase or even a noise that you repeat, and it helps you focus and clear your mind." Jamie said. Connor hummed, boredly, half interested, half daydreaming about a certain coach's sister. "You know, we could meditate together, and clear our minds and share memories and feelings." Jamie suggested.

"Well like what?" Connor asked.

"Well, I could tell you about the time I went backpacking through Asia. Lemme tell you, I thought for sure they were all women." Jamie started.

"Jamie! Connor should not be hearing about that at his age." Beth scolded, placing Connor's football bag down.

"What age? I'm fourteen..." Connor began to protest but trailed off when he realized how thankful he was to have a way out of hearing Jamie's weird story.

"Well, he's not hearing he's feeling..?" Jamie said.

"That's even worse!" Beth sighed. A car horn honked outside, alerting Beth's attention.

"Oh, that must be your dad, he's taking you to practice today." Beth spoke, casually.

"What!?" Connor protested.

"Yeah, he called and asked if he could take you this morning." Beth explained.

"Well, why didn't you say no?" Connor huffed.

"I think it would be good for you two to connect and get some one-on-one time together." Beth said.

"Well, I don't want any one-on-one time with him." Connor mumbled. "I'm not goin to practice." Connor sighed, slumping against the couch.

"Yeah, skip practice. Stay here. I'll share about the time I was in a bathhouse with ten sumo wrestlers. Those guys prune up everywhere. And then you can share more about your relationship with that girl, Lauren, is it? You can tell me all about any feelings you may be feeling for her, h-" Jamie ranted quickly.