[𝙊𝙣𝙚]𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙧 & 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙨 𝙝𝙞𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖 𝙗𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙘𝙪𝙯 𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙨𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙣

ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴄᴏɴɴᴏʀ ᴘᴀʏᴛᴏɴ ꜱᴇᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴏꜰ ʜɪꜱ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ʜɪꜱ ʟᴏᴠᴇꜱɪᴄᴋɴᴇꜱꜱ ʜɪᴛꜱ ʜɪᴍ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ꜰᴏᴏᴛʙᴀʟʟ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ...

     LAUREN DAVIS was one hell of a firecracker. Some would call her a gym rat, sports addict, sports enthusiast, and they might have been true.
But in the end, Laurie was hardworking. Laurie had a tough outer shell, but once you gained her trust (which was rare), you'd see her soft side, her loving side.
 Now, don't get me wrong, she was loving, caring, and extremely thoughtful, but she was also tough, she knew how to play the game. The game of sports. The game of life. And most recently, the game of avoiding her step father and working to get the hell out of his custody.

Laurie pulled her brown hair out of her ponytail and shook her hair loose. She sighed and began to walk towards the exit of the dome in which her volleyball practice had just taken place. Still dressed, in the fitted long sleeve blue V-neck jersey, and black athletic shorts, Laurie began the long walk. 

She hadn't seen her stepfather in over a week and was perfectly fine with it, she'd dealt with his bullshit for long enough and she had a plan. Her brother. 

Laurie's oldest brother, Troy Lambert. He'd help her in a flash, for sure. She hadn't seen him in a few months, she rarely had time to visit, seeing as her schedule was full of sports and school. Plus, she was only fifteen and didn't have her license yet. 

Now, school was off for summer. Her stepfather hadn't been home. Her sports were seasonally clearing up. It felt a good time for her to take off.  

Laurie walked down the street and finally caught sight of the football field. She breathed in the smell of the fresh grass, rubber footballs, and warm summer air. She loved football and would have completely played for her school, but unfortunately there wasn't an official girls' team. Which she hated. Her brother had been coaching her in football since she could walk, and she was a natural athlete, so she caught on quickly. Before her biological father left, he would also teach her from time to time. They were never too close but those were the closest moments she had with her father.

None the less, she was already in a number of sports. She'd dropped hockey a while back, but still occasionally enjoyed a skate. Her volleyball season was wrapping up as well as her summer lacrosse and soccer season. Her track season had ended with an okay PR and a whole lot of shin splints.