I hesitated. "Off the record?"

I heard Em shuffle, picking up the phone that had been sitting next to her loud keyboard, her voice suddenly clear as she placed it to her ear. "Sure. I don't need that part for the story I'm going for." 

"I... got a job as a fight and dance choreographer for an upcoming movie."

Em let out a long whistle. "That is perfect for you! Okay now I suddenly wished I had that on the record because I have a gagillion questions. Who hired you? What movie? I need a name, genre and who the actors will be!!!" she squeaked with delight before cutting herself off. "Sorry, turning off the interrogator part of my brain now." 

She took a deep breath. "As your friend, I would like to know these things, but I don't trust myself not to write about it. So don't tell me." 

I raised a brow. "We're friends now?"

"Duh. Taking down a murderer together makes us friends. Haven't you read the 'What Makes You Friends' handbook?" 

"It'll be public knowledge tomorrow. Think you can keep it off your gross pink website for a  day?"

"Yes!" she said utterly delighted. "YES! YES! YES!" 

I laughed. "I am working with Allie Winters, who is the costume designer and Laliana Summers, the writer, on a movie they are currently working on."

"Ohhh that should be fun!" I heard her shuffling papers, searching for something. Notes? "Aiden is working on that movie too right? Working with the set designers? And Tate is... something called... best boy? Whatever that means."

"No one does," I said, fighting a smile. Tate was his own ball of crazy.

"Who hired you?" 

I swallowed. "Um... Luke Walker. It's his next movie."

"Holy Crapola!" she whispered. "As in—"

"As in Andrew's brother. Yeah."

Em's voice was unreadable. Neutral. "Have you told him?" 

I let out a long, tired breath. "Not yet. Me telling Andrew is actually part of the deal. I've just been... avoiding the conversation." I pursed my lips to keep from scowling. Thanks Luke! 

"We won't run into each other... but I would want to know if things were reversed and he started working with my sister."

She burst out laughing. "Oh my gosh... Can I be there when you tell him?"

"Nope."

"Oh come on!" She started to laugh again. "This is GOLD! Errr... Our friendship is gold I mean. Not the amazing story I could totally write about this." 

"Suuuuure."

She couldn't stop giggling, like the entire situation was a level of hilarity that I just couldn't appreciate. "It's going to be fine Delle."

I stared down at my passenger's seat, at the item Andrew sent me. "Forgive me for not finding it as funny as you do." 

Em cleared her throat, hiding her laughter. "Trust me Delle. It'll be fine. Just... go talk to him."

When I didn't answer, she continued. "Thanks for letting me help you with all of this. It was good to write about something that mattered. So... thanks."

I smiled, thankful that I had that clever pixie girl in my corner when it mattered. "No problem." 

"Bye, new friend, Delle Falls. I promise to make you look as fabulous as you truly are in my next article."