Your powers are tied to your emotions

Waverly's POV

Heading back to the homestead was less rushed and it felt nice to have my family at my back. Wynonna and Willa were on either side of me and Doc was on Wynonna's side and Gus was on Willa's side. We were all in wolf form with Dolls pulling up the rear in the car. Nicole was on my back with handfuls of my fur in her hands to stay steady on my back.

The journey back to the homestead is cut short when Wynonna asks a question In the pack link.

"Am I the only one that is curious on how fast Waverly can run?"

"Yes Wynonna, yes you are" Gus says with a chuckle.

"What! She's double the size we are!" Wynonna says as she bumps against my side.

"Well when you say it like that now I too wonder" Doc says.

"Me too," Nicole says.

"I would love to state your curiosity but I have precious cargo" I said.

"Oh thanks babe" Nicole says and I can't see her but I just know she has that dimple dazzling smile in place.

"Wait, can you hear us?" Wynonna asks. Catching the first thing Nicole said. We all wait for an answer.

"Baby?"

"What's up Waves?"

"Can you hear them?"

"Kind of, I can only hear them when they're talking to you" guess that solves that.

"That is so awesome!" Wynonna excitedly yells.

"Must have something to do with being mates," Gus says.

"I don't mean to bring an end to this but maybe we should pick up the pace we are starting to draw a crowd" Willa suggests as we all look around and we are right in the middle of town, willa was right we are walking pretty slow and everyone looks too be shocked by the 12 foot wolf with four others and a human sitting on its back walking down the street.

"Looks like Wynonna's gonna get her wish, Nicole baby hold on tight" I say as I start to run.

"Damn she's really fast!" Wynonna says. I look back and they are really far behind and we've only been running for a few minutes or so.

"Maybe slow it down a little babe" Nicole said.

I was the first to reach the homestead, everyone else not that far behind and Dolls pulling up the rear. Everyone else shifts and walks into the house but me when they come back out they have understanding looks on their faces.

"Waverly do you not know how to shift back?" Dolls asks but quickly shuts up when I growl at him. it's none of his damn business what I know and don't know how to do.

"Well of course she doesn't know how she's only able to remember this and two other times being a wolf. We all had to learn, so will she" Gus almost yells at Dolls.

"How about we teach her how to shift back after we clean that dried blood off her fur. Boys in the house, Gus can you help Nicole off her back while me and Willa get the hoses" Wynonna says as she walks away leaving no room for any disagreement.

While Wynonna and Willa are busy getting to work Gus walks over to me and Offers her hand to Nicole.

"Gus, could you go and get a pair of clothes for Waves?"

When the "bath" was over the boys came back out before the others could help me shift back.

"What is it? we were just about to show Waverly how to shift" Willa asked.