Discoveries

Waverly's POV

The days following Shorty's death the bar was full of people having one last drink to honor him. Some people were way more drunk than others. Some people sat for hours savoring that one drink. After all, the entire town loved Shorty.

In Shorty's will, it mandated that ownership of the bar falls to his closest friend, Gus. I am still working in between BBD and Shorty's. Wynonna says that the restoration of the homestead is almost complete. Dolls says he needs my help researching one of the 77.

"You know you can't lie to someone who knows history" crossing my arms over my chest, not at all surprised Dolls lied to me about who I was doing research on.

"Well Waverly it was on a need to know basis and you didn't need to know" not even looking up from the paper on his desk. I rolled my eyes and let out a breath, going back to researching. A few minutes went by in a tense silence but I could not stay quiet for very long.

"It's Henry Holiday! My great, great granddaddy's best friend! How can you say that I don't get to know that!"

"Because you do not have BBD clearance to know about it let alone have contact with him"

"Well I'm sorry I forgot that I am just a consultant. I am only a researcher!"

"That's right! you don't even have clearance to know about any of this. You're lucky your sister stood up for you. She should not have told you about it in the first place!"

"You do know, I am a werewolf right!? I already know about all of this! And even if I didn't, my sister trusts me enough that she would have told me anyway! So Dolls I would watch it if I were you because you need my sister. My sister doesn't want to do this without me! So get your military ass out of my face so I can do some research!" I closed my eyes and took deep breaths when I opened them. My hand was a few inches in the wall right next to dolls head.

"That is Deputy Marshal Dolls to you! You are dismissed, Waverly you're no longer needed here! Am I clear!" he said as he walked towards the door and held it open.

"Loud and clear. Don't come to me when you need my help" walking out of the BBD confiscated offices. Walking past the PPD offices I caught a calming scent. A scent that made my shoulders drop like weights were tied to them. I needed to talk to nicole. Walking around the bullpen I spotted her within a second of entering. She looked up from the papers she was working on and the moment she saw me her signature smile was in place.

"Hey Waverly what's up?" concern evident in her voice. Despite her concern I could not answer her so I just sat there. After a minute she started talking about anything and everything.

"Hey Waverly did you know that werewolves are real? That vampires, witches, and a lot of other supernatural creatures are real. Humans actually write a lot of things off as supernatural. Vampires were said to even out the human population. Witches were said to casted spells and curses on those who have done wrong. Werewolves and this is my favorite werewolves were said to be the protectors of humans" I would have told her that werewolves don't protect anything but something stopped me. Maybe it was me thinking about Wynonna doing everything she could to stop the 77. Might have been the look in her eye. The way in which she said it made me believe it.

"Oh and it's said they have like mates. That's their version of soulmate. I think that is so cool right?"

"Um right" looking around the room trying not to meet her eye.

"Thank you" finally meeting her eyes I wanted to express how much I Appreciated her letting me just sit here and have her do all the talking.

"It's no problem Waverly I don't mind talking to a pretty lady" as she looked me in the eyes I felt an echo of the only ever word my wolf muttered the first time I saw Nicole. MATE!