More than friends

Waverly's POV

Meeting up with Nicole the next day was nerve racking. I arrived at the coffee place first and was waiting for Nicole to show up.

"Hey Waverly" I jumped slightly.

"Oh sorry didn't mean to scare you"

"Oh um it's fine just didn't hear you coming"

"Anyway, how about you sit down?" I gestured to the seat across from me.

"So what do two people out for coffee talk about?" I asked as she sat down.

"Well, depending on whether or not this is a date?" she asked with a hopeful look in her eye.

"I-I want this to be a date I really do but there is something I need to tell you. I have been afraid of a lot of things ever since I was a child. One thing in particular scares me to death" the tablecloth seeming way more important than looking into Nicole's face.

"Whatever it is Waverly yo know you can tell me right?" reaching her hands across the table putting her finger under my chin and lifted it so I was looking into her eyes. The emotions behind her green eyes made me want to tell her everything but I knew I had to wait. The full moon would reveal all my secrets to her. There was no hiding from Nicole anymore.

"I will tell you everything you want to know but not until after the full moon. After that if you want to try anything with me. Even if you dont I will answer any question you have" I said trying to convey with my eyes that I was afraid but I was willing to try and concur it.

"Alright Waverly I trust you. Whatever you need" moving her hands from my chin to grab a hold of my hands squeezing them for good measure.

"Well Waverly if you would like, I know I would. How about we have a few more dates till the full moon?"

"I would like that very, very much. So what else does one talk about when they're on a...date?" I asked as I smiled at her.

"Some people talk about their likes, dislikes, fears, and favorite things. Whatever you want to talk about Waverly"

"You know what I've always wanted?"

"What?" She sounded a little confused.

"To parachute out of a plane at fifteen thousand feet. To swim far, far out into the ocean so that I can't see the bottom anymore. To eat geoduck"

"That sounds very exciting"

"I've always wanted to do things that scared me. But, well, it's not so easy to be brazen when the thing that you want, that scares you to death, is sitting right in front of you" looking into her eyes.

"I scare you?" surprise evident in her voice.

"Yes. Yes, you do. Because I don't wanna be friends. When I think about what I wanna do most in this world... It's you. Oh God, that sounded so much more romantic in my head. Just jump in any time, Nicole, because I really, really don't know how to do this"

"You seem to be doing just fine" we both laugh the tension leaving and both of us finding it a little more comfortable to be talking so casually.

"Favorite Color?"

"What?"

"What's your favorite color? We talked about what we're scared of so thought we would talk about something less stressful" I said trying to change the subject I didn't want to talk about our fears anymore.

"Well I love the color blue but I didn't tell you want I fear"

"Oh you don't...

"What will it be ladys?" The waiter Interrupted.

"I'll just have a cappuccino. Waverly?" she says looking from the waiter to me and it's like the world falls away for a moment but quickly comes back into focus.

"I'll have the same" finally the waiter walked away.

"What's your favorite color, Waverly?"

"Blue" came out of my mouth without a thought. Red Immediately colored my cheeks.

"Well that's nice to know" that dimpled smile popped into place.

"Waverly you know what I like?"

"What?" Interested in learning all the things Nicole would tell me.

"I like listening to your voice, I like the way your eyes crinkle when you smile. I like that tiny little crease in your forehead when you're focused. I like it when your smile is directed at me. That's why I love the color blue. Your eyes are as blue as the sky and as warm as a summer's day"

"I-I don't know what to say" flobber gassed from her revelation. Stunned into silence, no one has ever said they liked any of that about me.

"You don't have to say anything. I just wanted to say what I liked, who I like and Waverly I like you very, very much. So whatever you have to tell me after the full moon I will be here to talk about it.. Whatever you want Waverly" she said as she stood up and Extended her hand towards me.

She pulled me from my chair and we walked out the door after paying for our coffees. We walked all over town. We talked for hours even when the sun went down and it started to get cold out. We werewolves have higher body temperature but I knew it was getting cold from the way Niole was starting to shiver.

"I hate to bring this date to a close but it is getting cold and it looks like we are both blowing like leaves" trying and succeeding in making her laugh.

"Well the only right way to bring this date to a close would be for me to drive a pretty lady home. What do you say?" gesturing towards her cruiser with a tiny bow

"I would like that very, my lady" doing a curtsy trying to play along.

'If I may?" sticking her elbow out.

"You may" taking her elbow we walked to her cruiser, walking to the passenger side of the car. Nicole let her arm drop and opened the door for me.

"Your chariot awaits you pretty lady" with another bow she holds the door for me.

"Thank you my lady" doing another curtsy, getting into the car Nicole gently closes the door behind me and goes to her side.

We drove in silence but it wasn't awkward. The silence felt nice, it felt nice to be in Nicoles presents. The radio was quietly playing, love song by Taylor swift. It was fitting.

Pulling in front of the homestead I went to open my door but Nicole stopped me.

"Wait let me" she said, getting out and walking quickly around the front of the car.

"Pretty lady we have reached our destination" reaching her hand into the car waiting for me to grab it.

"Why thank you my lady. Would my lady kindly walk me to my front door?"

"It would be my honor, pretty lady" walking to the front door, when we reached it, I turned towards her.

"Would it be too forward if I asked for a kiss from my lady?" hoping this would not freak her out.

"You took the words right out of my mouth Waverly" we both laugh from the light airy feeling from being in each other's presents.

Leaning towards her I had to get on my tiptoes to reach her lips. Her cold hands lifted to rest on my hips. When our lips touched it was like fireworks went off behind my closed eyes. Despite the cold it felt like my body was on fire wherever Nicole touched me. The sounds and smells around faded to the background. The only thing that mattered when Nicole. Something inside of me snapped and a voice flooded my head. I didn't want to focus on that right now when I had my mate in my arms. We both pulled back at the same time for a much needed breath.

"WOW!" We both said it at the same time, laughed and said goodnight to each other with a promise to meet up again and soon.