[01] Greetings & Glares

Who would've known KingsMount, one of two popular and well known schools, would merge campuses with their neighbouring school? The idea pissed all of the KingsMount students off. Everybody around the area knew about the not-so-subtle rivalry between KingsMount and KnightsBridge, and if they didn't, they were either new or living under a rock. Students hated students, teachers hated teachers.

The only ones who got along were both their principals, which in the student's opinion, was totally unreasonable.

"This is total crap!" A boy howled from the kitchen where he'd been opening the letter sent to each student about the change. This boy, was Leon Guerra Perez.

"What's crap? Your haircut?" Lucas—one of Leon's younger brothers—commented, walking in and filling up his cup with instant hot chocolate and shrugging at his older brother's glare. Leon's fingers still brushed his hair, combing through it self-consciously.

"Fuck off, Luca. They decided to merge KingsMount and KnightsBridge onto one campus." He complained, and even his brother's eyebrows shot up; he knew about the rivalry between the schools.

Which wouldn't be a surprise, seeming that Leon spoke and ranted about it every chance he'd got.

"I think it's a great idea," The voice of Leon's mother chirped as she and his father entered the kitchen with another of his brothers, Elias, in her arms. "They need to do something about this rivalry. It's so childish!"

"Yeah, what your mother said." Leon's father blindly agreed, heading into the living room to watch the soccer game. Leon's father had always been somewhat present in his life—if lazing about all day on the couch watching sports counted as raising children.

Leon didn't know why his father wouldn't just move out. His father was practically living under the roof rent free, considering the fact his mother did all the working and earning money.

Leon wanted, no, needed his mother to let his father go, but he knew it wasn't easy to get over a high school sweetheart whom she was still very much hopelessly in love with.

The rivalry between KingsMount and KnightsBridge may seem ridiculous to the people on the outside, but every student and teacher knew that they were too far gone to make amends.

Did they really think that merging the campuses would magically mend the relationship between the two schools? That's simply naive thinking, anyone would tell them that.

"If they really wanted to scrap the rivalry, they'd move the schools further apart." Lucas shrugged, and Leon mentally thanked the world for Lucas' intelligence.

"Oh, don't be ridiculous," Leon's mother—Lucia—huffed at her younger son as she put Eli on the floor, letting him walk about freely, "The only way to fix things is by straightening them out. Never run away from your problems, okay?"

~~~

Leon woke up to a weight dipping on his mattress and little giggles, then gasped as Eli jumped right onto his chest with a cheeky grin.

Eli was one of the few people in Leon's mental list of people who could wake him up without him having a fit. Nonetheless, he groaned at the light shining through the white blinds of his window; he was definitely not a morning person.

"Leo, wake up! Ma said it's time for school." Eli told him, then squealed when Leon moved his hands to tickled him.

"Hey, little guy," He smiled, tousling his youngest brother's brunette curls that reached just under his ears. "Don't you have school too?"

"Oh, I do, see you later!" Eli gasped, running straight for the door and disappearing down the stairs. Leon sighed and after a few painfully long seconds of stalling, reluctantly got out of bed. School was the last thing he was looking forward to now. The red uniform of KnightsBridge mixed with his blue one all in the same place flooded his mind, and he hated it.