eighteen

Everyone was gathered in the quad. It was Parents' weekend. Gomez and Morticia were coming to visit. Wednesday had this plan to confront them about her father's murder charges. For now, I think it is best to stay out of that because Wednesday will pull me into the fight and I would rather not go against Gomez and Morticia. I would wait in the quad to greet them and then go off on my own. 

"Nevermore was created as a safe haven for our children to learn and to grow, no matter who or what they are." Everyone in the crowd clapped for Weems. I looked around seeing all the parents smiling at the principal. Most of them must have been in Weems's graduating class. "I realize most of you have heard about the unfortunate incident involving one of our students. But I am happy to report that Eugene is on the mend and is expected to make a full recovery. So let's focus on the positive and make this Parents' weekend our very best." every applauded once more. Eugene was on a slow recovery. He was alive though and that's all that mattered for now.

"On the mend? Try in a coma." Wednesday hissed.

"Have you been to see him?" Enid asked us. It was our fault, so no. "You are his friends." She muttered. The only ones he has and we were not good friends at all. We let him get ripped apart by the monster we were supposed to be hunting.

"I'm the reason he's in the hospital." Wednesday sighed.

"Share the blame, I should have gone with him." Enid sighed loudly.

"This is not your fault, okay?" She asked. "The monster hasn't attacked anyone in the past week. Maybe you finally scared it off." Enid tried to be positive.

"Or maybe it went into hiding to avoid this weekend," Wednesday added glancing around at the families.

"Look at this some things never change." I heard Morticia. Gomez and Pugsley followed them forward as they made their way onto the quad.

"I knew I should have worn a plague mask." Wednesday glared at her family. Enid just sighed wincing as howls went off around us.

"Would you look at my family?" She muttered. "Talk about toxic pack mentality. I give my mom 30 seconds before her judge-y claws come out."

"Good luck with that." I lifted my brows watching her brows fall all over each other.

"Let's get this over with." She sighed. We each nodded moving in separate directions.

"There they are." Gomez smiled stepping towards Wednesday. "How I have missed those accusing eyes and youthful sneer." He quickly let go of Wednesday moving towards me. I let him wrap his arms around me, I raised one hand patting his shoulder. Gomez and my father liked to give hugs. "How are you?" He asked returning to Morticia's side.

"I thought Thing was filling you in on our every move. I uncovered your feeble subterfuge almost immediately." Wednesday uttered. Morticia's smile faltered, but Gomez winced.

"So how is the little fella? Does he still have all his fingers?" Gomez wiggled his fingers in the air.

"Relax I haven't snapped any of his digits," Wednesday assured. "Yet." Gomex placed a hand on his chest taking a relieving breath.

"So tell us everything." Morticia smiled at me.

"Since you've abandoned us here," Wednesday sighed. "We've been hunted, haunted."

"And the target of an attempted murderer," I added. Gomex and Morticia smiled.

"Ah, Nevermore. I love you so!" He threw his hands out. Wednesday gave me a side look telling me that things were going to be tense for a while.

"I will see you all later." I waved backing up.

"Where are you going?" Gomez asked stepping towards me. He had a habit of always dragging me back.