Melted slushees.

The song ended as we got to the overly crowded elementary school. Luckily, Elizabeth, Ian, and Valerie were standing in the front waiting for us. Elizabeth, Ian and Valerie managed to squeeze into the back together, considering they're all tiny elementary schoolers.

"Hey kiddos, how was school?" I questioned, trying to make conversation with the children.

"Good!" They replied in unison.

"You guys want slushees?" Michael asked, focusing on the road.

"YES!" They again, yelled in unison.

"Alright then." He replied.

We drove to the gas station once we got through all the after school traffic, it didn't take long. About... 5 minutes at most.

"Alright guys, be quiet. Don't do anything stupid." Michael said, seriously.

He's honestly like a mother to our siblings, it's funny.

We went inside and walked over to the slushee machine. We asked the kids what flavors they wanted, and got the slushees for them.

I got f/f (favorite flavor) and Michael got cherry.

We payed for the slushees and left. We packed everyone in the car and drove home.

You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC played on the radio, the kids happily sang along with us even if they didn't know what the song meant. By the time we got back to Michaels, our slushees were almost completely melted. It was worth the fun though. Once we got back, the kids went up to Elizabeth's room to play, leaving me and Michael to do whatever.

In about 4 hours, we binged a show, a movie series, and shared a whole bag of kettle corn. We had watched every short film to exist, and gossiped about everything and everyone imaginable. Finally, we could say we were bored.

Upstairs had been quiet for a while now, we figured the kids had fallen asleep so we basically had the whole house to ourselves.

"How about we listen to music?" Michael suggested.

"Nah" I said.

"Another snack?" He suggested again.

I groaned and snuggled up to him, laying my head on his chest. I ended up being most comfortable on his lap, so I stayed there. This type of stuff is normal to us, we have been friends for years anyways.

"Tired n/n?" Michael asked?

"Mmhmm" I silently answered.

Michael put his arm around me, essentially lulling me to sleep. I think he ended up going to sleep to because from what I remember, he had his eyes closed the last time I saw him.

5:34 pm

I felt Michael stir, waking up. I woke up with him, not wanting to trap him. I'm still on his lap after all. I got up off his lap, and plopped down on the couch, not wanting to wake up.

"Hi n/n" Michael greeted.

I just groaned and laid back down.

Michael took my shoulders and shook me violently for a few seconds, as a poor attempt to wake me up.

"Mikey why would you do that, I'm just dizzy now" I said, trying to stop the world from spinning.

"Sorry not sorry, doll."

I got up and stretched, Michael following my actions. I went to go check on the kids, while Michael went to the kitchen to do who knows what.

I trudged up the stairs, and went over to their room. Sure enough, they woke up when I opened the door. And of course, they were hungry.

"Y/n can you make us food?" My brother, Ian, asked.

"Yeah! We're hungry!" Valerie agreed.

Elizabeth was still sleeping peacefully, I guess she needs her beauty sleep.

"Sure! What do you guys wanna eat?"

"Pizza!" The kids replied.

"Alright then! I'll go make that for you." I left their room, questioning how this would go.

The truth is, I don't know how to make pizza. Maybe Michael does. His father works at a pizzeria after all. I went back downstairs to find Michael sitting on the couch with a bottle of water.

"Hey Mike do you know how to cook?" I asked.

"Of course I do, who do you think I am?" He replied with a know it all tone.

"Why? What do you want?" He asked.

"The kids want pizza, can you make that?"

"My father literally owns a pizzeria, of course I can."

"Ok, make some then."

"Oh I'll cook up a storm." He said, walking into the kitchen.