Dinner, Part two

Amaryllis POV - 

I twirled my glass between my fingers, the conversation in the room had driven me to switch from whiskey to my favorite wine. If I was going to be drinking, I'd at least enjoy it. Tuning back into the conversation when Feyre suddenly leapt her feet and was shoved back down by Tamlin's magic.  Tamlin clenched his teeth, visibly reigning in his temper. "Do not do whatever it was you were contemplating!" He growled, what had I missed?

Feyre struggled in her chair, grunting as her eye locked with her dinner knife. I could barely hide my smirk behind my hand, this human had balls... and I fucking loved it! Tamlin however did not.

Holding up his clenched fist, the scent of Tamlin's magic was heavy in the air as he restrained the human. "I'm going to warn you once," He said quietly, voice deadly calm, "Only once... and the, it's on you, human. I don't care if you go live somewhere else in Prythian. But if you cross the wall, if you flee, your family will no longer be cared for." He grumbled, uncaring of the visible pain on Feyre's face.

She opened her mouth to speak again when I cut her off. "Feyre, do you not think that this is a fair deal? Nowhere in the Treaty does it actually determine how we must care for you, but we are. At least here, you remain under the protection of these walls, if you leave, there is no guarantee that the next being you encounter will have the same inclinations as us." I said, trying to get the girl to realize that this was not a prison sentence if she did not make it one.  Even while I was talking, I could see the shake in Feyre's hands and smell the hunger emanating from her. 

I used my own magic to push Feyre's cutlery and plate closer to her hands. "Now, the food is not enchanted, drugged or tampered with. And I can see and smell that you are incredibly close to fainting, so you need to eat, please. Lucien and Tamlin will both do their best to be polite, alright?" I smiled, glancing at both of the boys. Feyre relaxed into her chair as the bands of Tamlin's magic receded and she began to eye her plate with barely concealed eagerness. 

Feyre POV -

I glanced over to Amaryllis for confirmation as I picked up the silver spoon lying beside the bowl of broth

I glanced over to Amaryllis for confirmation as I picked up the silver spoon lying beside the bowl of broth. At her nod, I took a mouthful. It was an effort to keep the moan of satisfaction from leaving my mouth as the broth settled on my tongue. The vegetables were fresh and flavorful, tasting of the warm months. I drained half the bowl in silence before turning to the bread on the other plate and smearing it thickly with butter, laying some of the chicken slices on it and taking a bite. This time, I couldn't hold in the noise of enjoyment. The bread was warm and soft, the butter rich and slightly salty, while the chicken was perfectly roasted, juicy and well-seasoned. I heard a light laugh from the other end of the table and looked up to see Amaryllis smirking at me, eyes sparkling. I felt a tiny thrill of anxiousness sneak through me as she stood from her chair, walked around the table and sat beside me. "I'm glad you enjoy our food." She whispered, leaning closer to me. I placed my spoon back into the bowl of broth and continued to sip at it.