Mr. Doctor - chapter 16

Start bij het begin

Oh, I get what she means but little does she know I am not interested in any man but one. And that one is currently talking to another beautiful woman whom I suspect has feelings for him.

"Hello," he says "I'm Alan Fox. And I must say you look beautiful"

"Hi, I am Eve and thank you. You look well yourself."

Alan is tall and handsome with blond hair and beautiful gray eyes but I don't feel like I do when Noah looks at me.  I doubt I have ever felt that way, or I'll ever do.

"May I have a dance" he offers

I look around my eyes searching for one man. My man. but I don't find him. Nor do I see Dr. Ana. I look at the place I last left them but it's occupied by others. I want to dance but not with the man in front of me. I try to brush it off.

"I... don't..." I start.

"Come on, Eve you can't deprive me of a chance to dance with the most beautiful woman this evening. Please just one dance" he looks at me all cute.

"Yes, Eve. you should dance" Dr. Usha injects "come on you to get on the floor."

Alan holds his hand out for me and I reluctantly put my hand in his. And he leads me to the dance floor.

Light music flows over us as we get into a dancing position his hand rests on my hip and I rest mine on his shoulder. His touch is comfortable, it certainly does not play havoc on my nerves the way Noah’s touch does.

"I must say I am not a great dancer Alan"

"Don't worry darling. Just follow my lead" he says as he starts to move us around the dance floor.

It's just a couple of minutes before I feel the heated gaze on me and I know the feeling too well to tell without looking it's him. From the periphery of my eye, I see Dr. Adam marching toward us.

"Hands off her Alan" his voice is harsh and loud and sounds very close to a threat. He looks angry.

I look around as people around us eye up the drama unfolding before them.

"Seriously man," Alan says without letting me go. I try to wiggle my way out of his arms not wanting any more attention.

"Now" Noah growls with a death glare set on Alan.

"Let the lady decide" Alan playfully injects. I don't know what part of this looks like a game to him.

Alan looks at me and I offer him a sympathetic smile and plead with my eyes for him to let go.

I breathe in relief as Alan backs off and walks away.

"How many times do I need to say, angel? If you want to dance you dance with me, angel." His words vibrate through me bringing back the memory from the club.

"I looked but couldn't find you. Where is Dr. Ana by the way?"

I tried but failed terribly at keeping the hint of the green monster at bay.

He let a low chuckle

"I don't find anything funny here Mr. Doctor"

"Is someone jealous? And why did you walk away?"

"No," I deny "and I had to find Dr. Usha"

Another suppressed laugh leaves him before he gets all serious.

"I told you angel only ever me" his deep voice close to my ears has me all worked up.

I swallow the lump in my throat and try to speak.

"It was just a dance, Noah. You did not have to make a scene out of it. Plus we are surrounded by people we work with how am I going to explain to them what this was?"

"I don't give a f*** what people think. You can say whatever you want, but no one touches you but me. Your only ever mine, angel. Mine. his voice is husky as he whispers into my ear. And once again heat spreads through my body as he pulls me further into his chest. Only and only he gets so many reactions out of me in mere minutes.

"And what about you?" I ask. My words almost lost in the night air.

He puts a little space between us. So that he could look into my eyes

Ana is just a friend, Eve. She wanted to leave so I had to call my driver to take her. Then I walked her to the car." He is telling the truth I see it in his eyes.

"Oh..."

"Yes Oh. I belong to you angel and only you. This works both ways"

His lips come dangerously close to mine

"Noah, people."

He curses under his breath

"Come home with me," he says

I look wide-eyed at him. Home he does not even know how much that word means to me.

"Please angel I need you" his eyes blaze with dark fire.

He needs me...

"Dr. Usha?..." I trail off

"Tell her that I'll drop you."

The thought is exciting but equally terrifying too. As if he read my mind he says.

"Tonight I just want you close to me angel. Just to make myself believe that this is true..."

Now how could I say no to that?

"Okay, give me five minutes"

I rush back to where Dr. Usha stood and gave her some dumb reason which I fully know she did not believe but with a knowing smile let me go. Noah excused himself from his family who very lovingly bid us goodbye.

Half an hour later we are driving away from Noah's parent's house in his Bugatti. His hand rests on my thighs creasing unaimed patterns. Sending heat waves through my body.

Only one thought plays on my mind. How am I going to survive this man? He is intense and so is his way of loving.