You yelped back and sent him a death glare, though he wasn't looking. You set your school bag down and pulled out a brown paper bag from one of the pockets. Making your way towards Leo, you copied his position and carefully sat close to him, unsure of what the sudden action would do to him.

You made sure to keep your body turned slightly away from him as you pulled out lunch from the cheap paper bag. The bag certainly wasn't luxurious but it's what's inside that counts and makes it worth the while. You remembered that's what Leo had told you the first time you had met him.

The memory was as clear as a summer sky. You've taken a route that was different from your everyday routine. You had to make a quick pit stop before heading home and you were suddenly attracted by graffiti in an alleyway. Your legs paused as your eyes with wondered over the craft work.

By staying to focused on the art, you were startled by a radiant blue glow that lit up the dark alleyway, although there was enough sun out to see the streets.

A certain turtle came crashing into the large garbage bin and landed with his long legs in the air and unconscious. You gasped, unsure what to do in that situation.

Well, what would anyone in that matter do in that situation.

Your kind nature was able to tend to his wellbeing and made sure he was well enough to sit up. His masked eyes fluttered open and was face to face with a human. He panicked, hoping that he wasn't going to be taken to a lab and never to be found again. But Leonardo could tell that you meant well.

"Excuse me, sir?" Your eyes wondered around his body. "Are you okay? Can you talk or can I take to a hospital? Or...vet?"

Your uneasy expression made Leonardo burst into a laughing fit. You were frightened and pushed yourself away from the mutant. You thought he had hit his head too hard.

"Actually, I'm really hungry. You got food on you?"

From that day forward, you continued the routine of seeing Leo in the alleyway, can checking up on his injuries. His injuries were far from healed now but the two of you somehow always found your way to each other.

Hamato Leonardo had literally fallen into your life.

You catch yourself laughing at the bittersweet memory. Leo had heard the sound from the back of his shell, unexpectedly twisting his head towards you with a smile on his face. "What's got you laughing?"

"I was just remembering when we first met. I know it's only been three weeks but it just feels like I've known you for so long, Leonardo."

Leo's face scrunches at the sudden use of his full name. He's only rarely heard his name from his family. "I guess we were meant to be friends. Or more." He nudged his elbow to your arm, sending you a flirtatious wink. You nudged his arm slightly harder earning a small noise of pain from Leo.

"Okay, enough talking from you. Here, I brought extra snacks today." You pulled the food items out of the paper bag and handed them over to him. His attitude then changed almost too quickly and squealed in delight.

This almost feels like feeding a stray cat, you thought to yourself smiling as he pick up the peanut butter and jelly sandwich from his many options. It had been a favorite of his and it was like a treat to Leonardo when you packed it for him.

He bit into the bread ever so softly, savoring the flavor of the combined sandwich. "You're peanut butter sandwiches are somehow better than the ones we make back home. What's the secret recipe? Wait, no! Lemme guess! Love?" He talked with his mouth full.

An unpleasant feeling crawled over your skin and sent shivers down your back. "Leonardo, please don't talk with your mouth full. Why do I gotta remind you?" You groaned as you took out another sandwich for yourself.

"I told you! Leo is just fine! No need to get formal on me now." He swallowed his food.

"Sorry. I'll try to remember that, Leonar-Leo." You giggled. Leo smiled, wanting to hear your soft laughter again.

"Now that we're basically best friends, we need to give you a nickname. What about (N/N)?" He gleamed.

"Only if I get to call you Blue." You teased, taking a bite of your sandwich. Leo glared at you which earned him a chuckle from your lips.

"I've got other great nicknames; Leon, Champion, Neon Leon, etc, etc!" He waved his hands around. "Just pick 'n choose, baby!"

"I think I'll just stick to Blue for now."

"It's alright, we can work on that part of the relationship later."

-

it seriously feels like I haven't updated in a year :(
next chapter will be Christmas themed so stay tuned!!
~ van