| Shared Responsibilities |

this is a future leo x female reader one shot. the picture above is something I drew a few days back! if you're interested in my art, please consider checking me out on insta @/vaniche.e and @/vanicheestea on tik tok! we gotta give love to the bbg <3
~vani
-

[tw] cursing
-

The sounds of back-to-back arguments were heard throughout the meeting room.

"Leonardo, we cannot continue to live in these conditions. I won't have it!" another leader from the Resistance speaks up.

A mutant joins the man's argument. "We've lost too much already, we can't afford to lose more." They said more softly.

It had been exactly one month since the last Krang attack and this had everyone in the Resistance agitated. People and mutants alike were lost in these battles and it's easy to understand why everyone was on edge.

It had also been one month since Cassandra Jones lost her life in battle. And one month since Casey Jr. lost his mother.

Leo, who had his forehead buried in his hands, finally looked up. "Look, I understand your concerns. My team had just recently lost a member. For now, we must simply not engage any further with the Krang. It's too risky."

The metal chairs in the meeting room made Leo squirm. And the pressure that was put on him didn't relieve the stress. He knew the chances of more people getting injured were high if they continued to fight back the Krang. But, half of the Resistance wanted to do something about the situation. Leonardo was frustrated with the fact that no one could understand his dispute. You could tell how much stress he was under.

Not only did the Resistance lose a strong warrior, but you all also lost a friend.

Now, Leo was stuck with new responsibilities. Being a father figure to Casey was certainly a job that was difficult to manage. But he wasn't alone, and you made sure of that. You helped Leo in any way you could with Casey, including training him on days Leo couldn't.

You backed yourself closer to the wall you were leaning against, almost making yourself invisible. You couldn't help yourself but stare at Leo's uncomfortable body language. You sighed, praying that the never-ending meeting would soon end.

"Leo, people are scared right now. Their minds won't change unless they fight back." April had entered the conversation.

"Commander O'Neil, we've been in this apocalypse long enough to know that the Resistance will not turn to violence as a form of vengeance. I can't send people to fight the Krang on their own. Are you asking me to send these people to their deaths? Would you like blood on your hands?" Leo's voice now roared in the room, creating a suffocating silence in the atmosphere. His body moved on its own and was standing out of his chair as he huffed angrily. Everyone, including you, had flinched from the sudden change of tone.

They broke him already. You thought to yourself.

"Papa Leo?"

A small voice broke the quietness. Leo turned around slowly to see a nine-year-old Casey out of his bed. Leonardo cleared his throat, remembering his other duties. "H-Hey, bud. Couldn't sleep again?" Leo asked. Casey nodded his small head with a bleak expression. Leo sighed and rest his eyes as he pinches the bridge between his eyes. Another sleepless night.

Before Leo could say anything, you quickly scooped Casey up in your arms. "I got it." You whispered to Leo, smiling softly. Leo returned a smile and wished he had gone with the two of you rather than staying in the God-awful meeting.