Ch 21

Shoto was immediately arrested. His arrest was kept a secret for the safety of Bakugou. Who knows what the league would do if they knew Todoroki was caught. Izuku was more concerned than before, but he distracted himself with rage towards his classmate.

The police weren't able to speak to Todoroki. He refused to talk to anyone but Midoriya. Izuku agreed to help interrogate.

Todoroki was handcuffed and sat at the interrogation table. The moment Izuku walked in, he shot a glare at Shoto.

"And I actually thought you were a good friend." Midoriya spat, sitting across from him. "Why did you do it, Todoroki-kun?"

Shoto smirked but kept his monotone voice. "Isn't obvious. It's for your own good. Bakugou is toxic."

"Kacchan was my soulmate! -" Izuku stopped and calmed himself. "Where is he?"

Shoto scowled, "I'll never tell."

Izuku was getting irritated. If he was going to save his soulmate, he needed Shoto to talk. A plan formulated in Izuku's head. It made him sick, but he was willing to do anything to get Bakugou.

"Todoroki-kun, he'll kill me if he finds out." Izuku muttered.

Shoto tilted his head. "Um, find out what?"

"Us. Bakugou will hurt me again. I thought he was actually gone, but when I saw that message, learning he was still alive, I got scared. Todoroki," Izuku reached out and laid a hand on Shoto's, "Can we leave together?"

Izuku knew he was going to be  in so much trouble. Still, it was the quickest way to Bakugou, and who knows how much time is left. Aizawa and the police were watching them, of course, but they figured it was Izuku tactic to get him to talk.

Shoto was hesitant. "Why the sudden change of heart? Seems too convenient."

Izuku prepared himself, trying to not get caught in his lies. "Kacchan scares me. When I thought he was dead, I was happy. Why do you think I spent so much time with you?" He leaned close and whispered, "Are you sure he'll be dead this time if we escape from here?"

With good acting, and a tad bit of luck, Shoto believed it. "I promise. I swear it, Midoriya."

If you wanna trick a psychopath, you gotta act like one. Midoriya freaked himself out when he smirked, "I wanna see it. You're phone, the police have it, but I can get it. What's the passcode?"

Shoto gestured for Midoriya closer. He leaned into his ear and whispered, "15...18."

Izuku then turned and walked out of the room. Fifteen and eighteen were his and Izuku's seat numbers.

Aizawa approached him immediately. "What's the code."

If the heroes stormed the place, Bakugou may be dead before they can get there. The plan in his mind would never fly with the police or his teacher. Though he'd get in big trouble, this was going to be a solo mission.

Izuku looked his teacher dead in the eye and said, "He didn't tell me. He figured out I was lying. I apologize for messing up."

Aizawa patted his shoulder. "You're desperate to get Bakugou back, I understand."

Izuku wondered, "I could try putting in some random numbers that are related to me, seeing he's crazy about me and all. Maybe luck can help me."

The chief nodded, "Better than nothing."

The chief gave him Shoto's phone, and Izuku took a seat in a near by corner. The crowd shifted their attention back to Shoto, discussing ideas that could get the boy to crack.

Izuku sighed, "I'm coming, Kacchan."

~_~_~_~_~

Follow, Vote, and Comment!

Toodles~