Ch 9

Izuku visited his mother after school to explain the whole scenario. Inko already knew after receiving a worried call from Mitsuki. Izuku noticed his mother's odd aura, asking her if she was alright. She invited him to sit on the couch. A scrapbook laid on the table. 

"Mom, what's going on?" Izuku asked a bit worried. 

Inko softly smiled, "Oh, nothing. I was going through some of your baby photos, thinking about how much you've grown."

Izuku cracked a grin and laughed. "No matter how old I get, you're always gonna baby me, aren't you?"

"Of course, I am."

Inko made tea for them while Izuku flipped through the pictures. A bunch of them were of him in All Might merchandise. Then it reached to pictures of him and Katsuki as young kids. The day Katsuki got his quirk, he got his soulmate mark, and so did Izuku. It was also the day he began to hide it. His mother never noticed.

After returning with some tea, Inko began to reminisce. "You two were, at one point, inseparable. I remember you were always so nervous to try something, so Katsuki would always step up to encourage you."

Izuku found himself in his memories as well, but they weren't happy. They were all the times that Katsuki used to bully and beat him up. Still, he could think back to when Bakugou was his hero. It was him that made him overcome his fear and train to be a hero.

"Mom, I need to tell you something about Kacchan and I."

She raised her hand. "I already know. Mitsuki called and informed me on everything."

Izuku was worried that his mother would be upset with him, but she was rather calm. Inko glanced to the design around her ring finger and smiled softly. 

"Izu, soulmates are chosen for a reason." She tenderly said. "Sometimes it's hard to see why, and you may never see the good about it. But there is a reason."

Izuku bit his lip, trying to figure out how he felt about his mothers words. It seemed almost impossible to forgive Bakugou, but if his mother was right, he might be throwing away something he never knew he needed. 

"Either way, son, I will support and love you." Inko finished. 

Izuku was happy to hear his mother's approval regardless of what he chose, but now he was more hesitant to break the bond. After he left, Inko dug up some hidden photos of Izuku's father. 

At one point, Inko herself wanted to break her soul bond with Izuku's father. All she could see was the king villains, but they were what they needed. The reason Izuku's father left was the same reason Bakugou is avoiding Izuku – They couldn't risk having the other destroy the bond. 

Inko wasn't too sure what Katsuki had done to make her son hate him, but she was sure it was well-founded. Still, she didn't want her son to make the same mistake she did. Losing a soulmate hurts, whether or not you wanted it.

~_~_~_~_~

Follow, Vote, and Comment!

Toodles~