Ch 10

Izuku sat thinking why Bakugou was chosen for him. All he ever got was abuse. 

"Stop thinking about that. What else is there?" Midoriya thought to himself. 

His mother's mention of how Katsuki encouraged him crossed his mind. Even now that Izuku hated him, he felt encouraged to go farther than his soulmate. No matter what changed, Bakugou inspired him one way or another. The universe paired them perfectly. Bakugou needed acceptance, and Izuku needed inspiration. However, if the bond broke, they would never find what they needed. 

Izuku removed the back ring from his finger and stared at the mark. He just wasn't fully convinced yet. When he made it back to the dorms, he found his classmates in a panicky meeting. Bakugou was the only one absent. 

"What's going on?" Izuku asked. 

Jirou informed, "Bakugou's leaving U.A. and quitting heroism all together!"

Though Bakugou's friend group was fed up with him, they couldn't ditch him so easily. They were practically begging Izuku to talk some sense to him. Ochako, Tenya, and especially Todoroki were telling them to leave Izuku alone. 

"Bakugou treated him like crap, and specifically told him he didn't want him to be his soulmate!" Todoroki growled towards Kirishima.

The red head shot a glare at him and jeered, "Just because you gave up your soulmate doesn't mean you can make Bakugou give up his."

Todoroki tackled Kirishima and the two began throwing punches towards one another. The class had to pull them apart and calm them down before quirks got involved and everyone would be in trouble. Izuku ran to Bakugou's dorm.

Reaching the door, Izuku banged on it as if he were a swat team. Bakugou didn't open the door, instead calling from the other side, "I told you guys, I'm not changing my mind!"

"Kacchan, it's me."

After a brief pause, Bakugou called again. "I can't break the bond."

"What so you're leaving because you're upset?" Izuku scoffed. "Don't be ridiculous!"

The door flung open, but Bakugou refused to meet Izuku's eyes. "I'm proving that keeping the bond isn't about my reputation. It's about you. I don't give two shit becoming a hero if you're not there challenging me." Izuku stared at him in disbelief as he continued. "I'm quitting U.A. and never becoming a hero just to prove it."

Izuku imagined hero life without Katsuki there. This entire time all he ever did was chase after Bakugou, but with him gone, what's the point in running? Tears filled his waterline.

"Please don't leave." Izuku begged. 

He realized the fear of the other leaving was exactly was Bakugou was going through. The matching mark that bonded them together was never about reputation, it was tough love. It was like getting a shot to fight an illness, like doing boring homework, or like giving your dog a bath. Sometimes you really hate it, but you need it. 

Izuku lifted Bakugou's head to meet his red ruby eyes he hadn't seen for days. Katsuki gave his final swing at winning back Izuku, so there was no need to hide them anymore. Still, the terrified sinking feeling was there. 

"I can't stand you," Izuku sniffled, "but I need and want you."

~_~_~_~_~

Follow, Vote, and Comment!

Toodles~