Chapter 1

Emory's POV:

Im Emory Parks I'm 17 and very mature for my age, I have long black hair bright green eyes and a nice figure, I also am in a car leaving the state with my mother who is dancing to the music.

I had an abusive relationship back home and I'm hoping he thinks I died or something I really do not want to see him again only person I'm afraid of, no my mother isn't aware of all my bruises on my back stomach and arms or neck, I'm currently wearing a white turtle neck long sleeve with a vest over top and skinny jeans an boots with heels my hair is straight covering my face, my nose and cheek is pierced and my ears of course.

We're headed to brooks county when my mom passed the city sign as we cruise down the town of brooks we stopped at the school and we walked in to the office it was after school hours only sports training kids were here so it wasn't crowded.

"Hey yes we're here so I can get her enrolled" my mother says smiling "name?" The lady asks "her names Emory Parks" she said as I stood chewing on my gum. "Welcome to brooks high school, feel free to wonder around here's your classes you can go ahead and find so your not late getting to them tomorrow" the lady said I took the papers and smiled walking out with my mother tailing me.

"So...want to look around" my mom questioned with a big smile "yeah I do let's go" I said as we wondered the halls I found all my classes and decided to walk out by football field and other fields, I seen boys and girls training for football and cheer I leaned on the fence looking to see if they'd be rude people my mother was on her phone talking.

I seen a few kids look my way but didn't approach me thank god I walked away with my mom to her car finally this school was huge two floors and swimming and basically every spot here you can think of. Yes I know what your thinking why and I dressed for the cold and it's not even cold where we moved to? Well I'm covered and protecting myself so maybe they thought I was a weirdo but it was cold where I came from. I got in the car and we drove to the gas station so she could get gas and wine, I stood pumping the gas as a guy approached me in Kaki shorts and a American flag shirt wearing sunglasses smirking "hey there I haven't seen you around here before" he said "oh wow did you see the different state difference on our tag plate ?" I said clueless he snickered "what's your name?" He asks I pulled the hose out the car placing it on the pump rack, "does it matter I probably won't see you again" I said avoiding eye contact looking making eye contact "well I'm 'j' it's a pleasure to be standing in your presence" he said holding out his hand I stood still collecting my breath because I thought he was going to slap me I reached to his hand shaking it "Emory, is my name" I said "nice to meet you" he said smirking as he walked away from me.