Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

3)Or finally, every time you get the ball you pass it immediately to me.

So what's it gonna be," Max says while continuing to hold Zayn by his shirt.

"I don't know, I won't do anything I promise. I don't even care about the recruits," Zayn answers honestly yet still scared.

"You might not care about the recruits but for some reason they care about you! Apparently your little sob story made it's way through the uni board and now everyone's interested in the scared little "prodigy". So all I'm saying is stay out of my way during the game, or you're gonna regret it." And with that Max shoves Zayn once more into the locker before dropping him and walking out.

+

Zayn is currently seated in his art/drama class where they are currently doing an art week, this class focusing on realism, only thing is Zayn cannot focus. Like he tries to but within under two minutes of listening all of a sudden his mind will go straight back to the locker room encounter.

As Zayn continues to stare blankly out the window, Louis notices his distraught look and makes his way over to the boy once he's given the class the final assignment. Gently Louis kneels down beside the boy and places a hand on his shoulder which successfully makes him jump until he notices who it actually is.

"You alright, Zee?" Louis asks in a compassionate voice.

"Sorry, I was just zoning," Zayn replies with his head down and Louis frowns a bit.

"That's alright, you okay, though? I heard Dr. Samuels wasn't here today, did you want to talk to someone?"

"No I'm fine, I promise. Just a bit tired I guess, what was the assignment again?" Zayn asks trying to change the subject and Louis sighs but nonetheless tells the boy.

Zayn ends up drawing a highly detailed picture of a young boy being pushed on a swing by a slightly older girl. It was an incredible drawing, truly, the only thing that was a bit off about it would have to be the fact that Zayn gave the faces a "blurry" look to them- which he did by using his eraser and finger to smudge the detail a bit.

Just as Zayn finishes the final detail of the drawing, the bell rings and suddenly his nerves are back. Being as that they have a game today, Zayn picks up a few stray art supplies for Louis as the man wraps up any last minute computer work. Finally, though, the older lad is done and now the two are making their way down to the locker room.

During the walk across school, Louis can't help but notice the nervous look on Zayn's face, as well as the fact that he keeps playing with his slightly shaking hands. Just when they're about to round the last corner before the locker room, Louis stops the boy from going any further.

"Zayn, are you okay? You can be honest with me, love," Louis asks in a gentle voice and Zayn puts his head down shyly.

"I don't- I don't think I should play in today's game," Zayn finally speaks after a minute or so, and Louis slowly starts to come to a conclusion. Zayn's nervous about the recruits.

"Babe, if this is about the recruits you don't have to be nervous. I know I made it seem super important earlier, but they really aren't that big of a deal. Don't let this get to you."

"No but like the older lads should get more play time! I'm only a year ten, and this is my first year of playing football. Some of the guys are close to graduating and most of them are aiming for scholarships! I really think you should just bench me for the game," Zayn says while nodding his head to himself.

"Zayn what's this really about?" Louis asks skeptically, but when Zayn doesn't answer he decides to drop it for the time being. "We'll talk before the game but as of right now I have you playing big minutes." And with that Louis walks into the locker room shortly after followed by Zayn.