Eight

Both of the males went through yet another day, filling it with talking about old memories, trying to ease themselves into thinking it was all going to be alright.

But who were they kidding?

No one knew they were up there; they couldn't reach anyone, and there was about the amount of two sips of water left before they ran out of that, too. They had already gone through their cereal bars, as they brought only two of those in the first place.

And Taehyung's condition worsened. Jeongguk refrained himself for telling the other. The dull expression in his eyes and the colour of his skin that slowly but surely turned white-ish yellow, told Jeongguk silently that he got some sort of poisoning from that rusty metal. His lips were chapped, the wound almost starting to smell. It was a matter of time, merely hours, before he would have to deal with the consequences of it.

"Here, drink up." The ravenette handed Taehyung the bottle. "Are you sure? Then there's nothing left for you.."
Jeongguk shrugged, lying when he told him he wasn't thirsty.

Taehyung's condition was the only thing that mattered right now.

"I really have to pee.." Jeongguk muttered, making Taehyung chuckle breathlessly.
"Then go pee. I'll turn around, obviously."

Both of the males grabbed the chance to relieve themselves, nearly sighing at the feeling after holding it in for so long it almost started to hurt.

Taehyung's actions slowed down all together, even the rate at which he spoke, as the minutes turned into hours.

"Wasn't there reception back when we stood safely on the ground?" Taehyung almost whispered.

Jeongguk turned to look at him, grabbing his phone in realisation. He checked his messages, noticing that the message they sent Jimin yesterday still hadn't delivered.

"Down there, there was. What if-" Jeongguk's eyes widened as an idea popped up. He shuffled closer to the empty metal box on the pole, trying to get it off. When that didn't work, he grabbed his keys, stabbing along the backside of it, trying to get his idea to work.

He twisted it, noticing it slowly but surely got movement.

After a few more minutes of tormenting the object, he could almost scream in relief when he managed to get it off.

"What are you doing?" Taehyung mumbled, for some reason having a very hard time keeping his eyes open.

"Well, you gave me an idea. Down there, there indeed was reception. So, I'm going to fill this thing up and put my phone inside of it, chucking it down in the hope that it'll reach the ground in one piece. If it does, let's pray the message will send."

Taehyung watched as the other tore his clothes, stuffing the metal box with what was supposed to be shock absorbing material. He even pulled the soles out of his shoes. He kissed his phone, making Taehyung grin, and then he put it inside the box, closing it.

"I should've brought tape. There's no way it'll stay closed.."

Taehyung looked around, his vision a little blurry.

"What if you cut off a piece of rope or something to tie tightly around it? Would that work?"

Jeongguk hummed, digging through the backpack to find something sharp. The only thing he found was an old can of beer -what was that even doing in there?- but he didn't let that discourage him. Finding nothing better, he stood up, putting the can on the platform and stomping down harshly around five times.

The sound rocketed through the air, giving his eardrums a small heartbeat.

He sat back down, grabbing the can. One side of it was opened up, making him smile. "This'll work."