Four

"Are you alright there, Tae?" Jeongguk asked, since it had been too quiet for too long.

"Yep, yeah, I'm still here. All peaches, completely fine. Absolutely okay, nothing to worry about, doing great, having the time of my life really, yes-"

Jeongguk bit on his bottom lip to refrain himself for laughing, stopping in his tracks for a second to hold on to the ladder better, moving backwards with force to shake the entire thing.

A loud yelp was heard from below him, he couldn't keep his laughter in anymore.

"JEONGGUK! I swear if this tower isn't going to kill us both, I'll kill you instead!"

The ravenette shook his head playfully, continuing to climb up.

Taehyung went after him, his foot slipping off the bar which made his heart drop. He clutched himself back to the ladder, the entire thing making way too much noise for his liking.

As they went farther and farther up, however, they failed to notice a screw dropping down, the ladder secretly only getting looser.

"Do I have a great ass? Tell me I have a great ass. I mean, this is the perfect opportunity for you to admire a perfect work of art, so tell me all about it."

Taehyung choked on laughter, shaking his head. He was glad that his friend managed to put aside the memories of last night, solely focusing on what they were currently doing. The tension for a moment breezy, but perhaps that was simply because of the current situation and the actual wind only picking up as they moved higher up.

"Woah, it seems like we're halfway! Look at that view!"

"I'd rather not, actually. I really liked my breakfast, I'd like to keep it where it is."

"Tae, we're almost reaching the point where we aren't within the tower anymore, but instead climb on the outer side of it. You think you'll be able to manage that? If you wish to take another break, we can."

Taehyung took a breath, slowly averting his eyes from Jeongguk to the rest of his surroundings. The view would've been absolutely amazing, if it wasn't for his current position. 

Then, he once again, looked down.
Another mistake.

He actually screamed, nails digging into his own palms around the rusty metal bar, creating small crescents.

Slowly starting to hyperventilate as they reached the section where they had to move to the outer side to climb higher up, his lips started to tremble as Jeongguk pulled himself up on a smaller platform which gave access to the next ladder, disappearing out of sight.

"Jeongguk!" He tried, but his voice only came out as a tragic whisper.

"Gguk!" He exclaimed, this time louder.

"Hey, hey, it's okay! I'm right here, don't worry about it, petal." The nickname slipped up and he didn't even seem to realise it himself. Taehyung vaguely heard it, he would've been thrilled if, once again, it wasn't for his momentarily position.

Jeongguk stuck out his hand, which Taehyung grabbed instantly. Almost losing his grip on him since his hand was so sweaty, he nearly slipped once again, but before that happened he was pulled up on top of a small platform.

Outside of the inner tower.

With absolutely no fences or other bars around them.

Just one harsh breeze and Taehyung felt like he would fall down, as if he weighed nothing.

He shut his eyes close, a frown on his face. He could feel his hands and legs tingle.

They were already so high up, everything looked like mere dots in their vision, trees looking like grass.

And this was just halfway.

Jeongguk glanced up, already moving to the next ladder.

"You sure you don't want to take a break? Within another hour we'll reach the utter top. The platform will be bigger there, I think it'll be easier for you then."

Taehyung reopened his eyes, shaking his head. "Jeonggukkie, I really want to go back. Please, I'm terrified, I won't be able to do it. I'll fall-"

Jeongguk stepped closer, one hand on the back of Taehyung's neck, the other on his arm.

They stared at each other for a little while, the reassuring words Jeongguk wanted to mutter suddenly getting stuck in his throat.

His eyes went from his, slowly to his nose, all the way to his lips. They seemed to get stuck there, just like his words.

For a moment, Taehyung forgot about his whereabouts. The tension slowly returned, but instead of an awkward one, this once seemed.. different.

Their eyes met again, the look in Jeongguk's full with uncertainty, but along those lines something else too, which Taehyung couldn't exactly pinpoint.

"It's going to be okay. I promise. You've made it this far, I'm so proud of you! You'll be able to do it, Tae. After you nailed this, and you ever get into a situation that makes you think you won't be able to do it, all you have to do is remember this day and know that you'll be able to conquer anything. I'm right here the entire time, I won't let anything happen to you, alright?"

Taehyung blinked, staring at Jeongguk's face. Doubt still evident on his face, the ravenette leaned in, placing a small peck on his forehead which left him blushing furiously.

Jeongguk's lips were tugged up in a smile at that. He turned back around, climbing the first few bars of the last ladder.

"You coming?"

Taehyung looked up, suddenly feeling a bit more courageous. He nodded, going after him.

Just don't look down, Taehyung. Whatever you do, don't look down.

As they moved themselves off the small platform, they felt the air getting colder and colder the higher they went.

"We're almost there, Taehyung. Just keep climbing, it'll better once we've reached the top."

Doing as instructed, Taehyung blindly followed after him, at this point feeling nauseous beyond imagination at the sheer fact of how high up they currently found themselves.

"Sing a small song to yourself or something, perhaps it'll help." Jeongguk suggested.

The first song that came to mind slipped past his lips.

"Hakuna Matata.." Stuttering breathlessly as Taehyung went, Jeongguk stopped for a moment, images flooding back in from when he heard that song.

"I-it means no worries.. f-for the rest of your days.."

The ravenette continued climbing, silently listening to the brunette who kept singing quietly to himself.

"It's our problem-free philosophy.. Hakuna M-matata.."