Prologue

Dwelling away in the farthest corner, Taehyung pressed himself against the wall as he watched the people around him lose their very last rational thoughts.

An immense wave of odour mixed with sweat, alcohol and sex penetrated his nostrils and for a moment he considered sprinting to the nearest bush to throw up.

He gulped whatever was left of his water down, putting himself into action to stand up, but as soon as he set himself into motion he sat back down.

His eyes were fixated on his best friend, as he watched the male grind up against some random girl he tried to woo for the night, completely forgetting about the existence of the male he so desperately tried to get to tag along.

The moment the girl left, Taehyung stood up once again, only to sit back down once more as the next girl popped up, handing his best friend a drink.

As if he was sober.

As if he needed more alcohol.

Taehyung tsk'ed, shaking his head and releasing a sigh so deep a random paper on the table in front of him flew up into the air, oh-so tragically lowering until it reached to ground where it got stomped on.

The brunette raised a brow as the previously stomped on paper now got torn apart, pieces of it crumbling up and disappearing in the dancing crowd.

That being his last straw, he took it as a sign to leave and -third time's a charm- he stood up, ignoring the ravenette who now had two girls pressing themselves up against him. Jeongguk seemed lost in the loudness of the music, alcohol flowing through his body and clouding his mind.
Taehyung was sure he was so drunk, he wouldn't even be able to differentiate a horse and a rabbit if he were to ask him.

But he knew better than to intervene; the last time he tried because of his worries whether the boy would even reach his home or not, he ended up getting shoo'ed away as if he was some stranger. The girls around him back then scoffed and pushed him away, embarrassing him to the fullest with their remarks. And he knew that once Jeongguk sobered up, he would be devastated that Taehyung ruined his fun.

So, this time, he wisely chose not to. He squeezed his way through stinky sweaty people, muttering a soft "Excuse me," and "Sorry," every now and then.

Finally reaching outside, he inhaled deeply, an abrupt sneeze making him duck down because of the fresh cold air.

He rolled his eyes as he grabbed a hold of his phone, calling an uber.

This was going to be the very last time Jeongguk ever managed to drag him somewhere.

But, deep down Taehyung knew, he could never resist those brown eyes that sparked with hope every time he asked him. After all, he has a soft spot for him.

────────────────

Fumbling with his keys and stabbing the keyhole around forty-three times before he managed to open the door in the dark, he entered his shared dorm and flicked on the light.

The first thing he did was change his clothes into something more comfortable, as he walked around the corner to enter the kitchen he nearly broke his neck when his foot got stuck, sending the male flying downwards.

He groaned at the loud thud, glaring at Jeongguk's stuff that was messily scattered on the ground.

Freeing his foot from what seemed to be the ravenette's climbing gear, he tucked everything back in the bag it was supposed to be in, now continuing his way limping to the kitchen.

He huffed as he grabbed a bag of chips to munch on, the loud crunch managing to get on all of his trillion nerves at once -okay he admits, he was provoked already before he got to this point- and he felt like he was about to scream in frustration as the lights turned off and he heard someone stumbling through the small hallway.

Wonder who that could be.

He stared -more like glared- waiting for the moment a specific mop of black hair would appear, and when it did, he had to bit his lip to contain his laughter.

He could've said a lot of things. He could've cracked a joke, or commented on the fact that the male forgot about his existence. 

But when he locked eyes with the what seemed to be sobered up male, all his pent up frustration and anger dissolved into thin air.

"OKAY, I know what you're going to say- and I'm very very sorry that I forgot about you, my very dearest, very bestest friend of all times, but I promise I'll make it up to you!"

Taehyung raised a brow,
"Please tell me your tactic to woo ladies isn't the same tactic you're using on me right now, because if that's true, the ladies truly have terrible taste, you sweet talker of a slimebag."

"Oh no no, that was all because of the alcohol-" He cleared his throat, "but truly, I'm really sorry, Tae. Forgive me?"

And who was he to say no to those sparkly, hopeful brown eyes?