☆ It got Kakyoin! ☆

Start from the beginning

How? You had no idea.

As soon as the stand had gotten close to Polnareff's face, and just as you were about to attack, the stand disappeared. Rushing across the desert at great speed, it attacked Michael's headless body.

"What the hell is wrong with it?" You whispered.

Then you heard it, a faint beeping. It was the watch on Michael's wrist.

There was some kind of alarm. And for a moment, that was all you could hear.

You very quickly and obviously put two and two together, the stand was attracted to sound.

The stand tore Michael's wrist clean from his body, destroying the watch and stopping the beeping.

You caught eyes with Jotaro, you tapped your ear as a way to signal sound.

He nodded.

It was definitely attracted to sound.

He began whispering to the others, most likely telling them what you both agreed upon.

"Jean, listen close. It's attracted to sound, don't make any sudden sounds or movements-"

The only sound that could be heard was Noriaki's blood, dripping onto the desert sand.

And apparently that was more than enough to attract this stand.

"Shit, we gotta go."

You picked up Noriaki, him resting with his head on your shoulder and legs in your arm.

You ran across the desert, Polnareff falling behind.

"Come on!" You yelled to the men on the other side. "Get in the car!"

They did so, climbing on top of the car.

You reached the car before Polnareff did, jumping in and setting Noriaki down.

The stand was nipping at Polnareff's ankles.

You leaned out, waiting for Polnareff to jump and grab your hand, but he didn't make it.

The stand cut the back of his leg, causing him to trip.

Mr. Joestar called out for Hermit Purple, using the vines to grab Polnareff and pull him into the car.

You watch from the car as the stand speeds underneath it, disappearing into the sand after reaching the other side.

"The stand disappeared into the ground," Muhammad looked around for it but saw nothing.

"I see, it must detect sound waves through the ground. Sand's a good conductor for that kind of stuff," you conclude, checking on Polnareff before turning your attention to Noriaki.

"And it moves through the Earth so we can't see it. That puts us in a major disadvantage. Since we can't see it, the stand has the ability to attack from above or below at any time," Mr. Joestar explains. "To make things worse, the stand user could be very far away."

"How's Kakyoin doing?" Polnareff asks.

"Not great," you inform. "His eyes were open when he was attacked, he could be blinded. He's unconscious at the moment, but he has a steady pulse. He'll live, but regardless we need to get out of here. We have to get him to a doctor."

"But if we move, the stand will attack," Mr. Joestar brings up the obvious. "We can't afford careless mistakes."

Jotaro grunts, clearly frustrated.

You feel a sudden stand presence, Iggy seems to notice it too given he awoke from his nap.

"The stand's nearby, keep on guard."