Chapter 25: The Training Continues

Start from the beginning

Deciding to return the favour, he flung Koneko, who was still holding onto his arm, over hís shoulder. Except, unlike Koneko, the moment he had her in the air, he twisted and slammed her into the nearby tree. Back first.

The girl gasped as the wind was knocked out of her. Before she could regain her senses, Issei had her pinned to the tree with his arm

"Honestly, I am impressed. You managed to fare better than I had hoped you would. Your tactical mind is sharp. Or is it just your instincts?" He lifted his arm to let the girl free from his hold.

Koneko rubbed her chest. She looked at him with a questioning gaze." What exactly will you be teaching me?" She inquired.

"That depends. Tell me, what is your demonic ability? I know that each piece grants the host an ability that coincides with their status within a peerage. Just as Kiba received a speed type physique. So what is yours?"

"Well, since you asked, I also inherited a physique. The Giant's physique. It grants me the strength and durability of a giant but decreases my movement speed by quite a bit. It also costs quite a bit of stamina to maintain."

Issei nodded at the girl's statement." I expected as much. The training I have designed for you will mostly involve teaching you fighting techniques while pounding you until you beg me to stop. But to tell you the truth...I don't think I will." He replied with a devious smirk.

Koneko gave him a deadpan expression." Pervert."

Issei laughed and got back into a fighting stance." Come on. Let's continue." To which she responded with a boxing defence stance." Then let's."

~♡~

Meanwhile, near the mountain

A bolder the size of a human exploded into ruble as a lightning bolt passed through it.

Akeno's stretched out finger was crackling with thunder as a delightful smile enveloped her face." Is that what you wanted?" She asked the man standing beside her.

He nodded." You did well. Although you used way to much power. In the up coming battle you'll be facing an entire peerage while your group only consists of five individuals. It'll be a battle of endurance. The one that can last till the end will surely win. That's why you'll need to master your manipulation over your magic to keep the mana output at it's lowest optimal level while keeping the efficiency at an all time high. Like this."

He proceeded to lift his hand and concentrate a small amount of flame mana in the center of his palm. The baseball sized sphere of fire soon shrunk to the size of a pea before being flicked at another bolder not to far away.

Upon contact, it exploded. Blasting the bolder to smithereens while leaving only dust as remains.

Akeno nodded and proceeded to do the same with her thunder magic. Issei nodded in approval when she managed to perfectly replicate his spell. The effect was also more profound than his was. Even leaving a small crater where the bolder once stood.

"Hey Akeno, what is your demonic ability?" He inquired. She looked at him with surprise laced all over her face." I thought you knew? It's called Natural. It grants me the ability to learn any and all magic associated with the natural elements or in some cases, magic without an elemental base." As a testament to what she said, she rose her and and the five elements appeared on her fingertips.

Fire, water, thunder, wind and earth. And in the centre of her palm was a dark sphere of demonic mana.

"In addition it allows me to use the five basic magic arts with ease while boosting their effect." She continued before dismissing the elements in her hand.