Chapter 14

Adele's P.O.V

            'He's here. My mate, he's here.' My wolf chanted and I pushed myself over the dead body of my beta and into the rather large bedroom. Over on the bed I saw my mate holding the little brat in his hands lovingingly as she screamed and cried. His dark hair fell over his green eyes as he looked down at the girl who was shaking and sobbing. His muscular arms were wrapped tightly but gently around the girls shoulder and waist so he could hold her firmly against him. He brushed his fingers through her hair and she just flinched. I was so mesmerized by the sight of him that I didn't even realize other men were in the room until the sound of something dragging was heard. I glanced over in fright feeling startled as I watched the unknown men drag my ex-beta's body out of the room and politely close the door. Uhmm...okay then.

            "Adele" I heard Draymen call, his voice stern and ice cold. I gulped and goose bumps rose on my arms and legs. Was it cold in here? No, it was just Draymen's angry and clipped tone that had me frozen. I now noticed that the girl had stopped crying, she still shook a little. Each time she shook a cringe of pain appeared on her face. Draymen pulled out a needle from his pocket and gently but precisely inserted it in his daughters arm. He pushed the purplish liquid into her vein and withdrew it, leaving a tiny red dot where it had been. "What did you put in her?" I asked not really caring, I just needed to start some type of conversation with him. "A special drug that when she wakes up she will be tipsy and be a little blurred over so to say. I can't be knocking my little girl out or she will keep going through pain. I have to keep her awake, yet not alarmed. She would try to escape and I don't want to have to hurt her."

            "Adele, what did you do? Sweetie, what were you thinking?" I let my eyes wonder up to his before I followed his hand as he lifted her shirt up until it reached the bottom of her bra. Black and blue bruises lined all the way up her stomach and ribs. That wasn't even the worst part, her mid-section was the least touched part of her body. Draymen's eyes swirled into a dark charcoal color that was as dark as a shadow in the night. "You're going to regret ever laying a hand on her." With that said he was standing in front of me within the blink of an eye. His hands found my neck and with a harsh turn it cracked and I fell to the ground, blacking out.