Chapter 1

"Flora, come on sweetie. We have to go to the Ravenwood Pack" I glanced up at my best friend and protector Axen. I fumbled with the ends of my wavy hair in an attempt to not seem so anxious. I only nodded to him and remained lying on the cream colored chaise by the window. Axen was my soul protector, he assumed the role when my parents were killed a few years back. He was also the Beta of our pack, his older brother being the alpha. I grabbed my mini stuffed heart pillow and placed it at my feet on the chaise before lifting my arms in the air. Axen came forward with a smile and lifted me into his arms. I didn't mind that he babied me and honestly I was far too shy and scared if he wasn't by my side. He carried me to the car where he sat in the back seat and let me sleep in his lap. He knew I got car sick easily.

            "Flora, Flora sweetie time to wake up." Axen shook me lightly as he moved slowly. I opened my eyes to see my head was on his shoulder. I looked behind him and watched the rest of our pack taking suitcases and other luggage out of the vehicles. Axen's mate Emma smiled at me, her blond her flying to the side in the wind. I smiled back and waved slightly at her. Emma was the nicest person I have ever known. She never got mad at the relationship Axen and I have, and for that I am great full. If I were to be torn away from Axen I would not survive. Axen held me tightly to his chest as we walked towards a big pack house. By now I just rest my head sideways on his chest so I could watch.

            We were supposed to be staying with this pack for a while until the rogue problem our pack had  was diminished. I felt tears swell in my eyes as I thought about the rogues and how my parents were killed. I sniffled, which caught the alpha's attention. He scooped me up in his arms and ran his fingers lightly through my hair in comfort. Alpha Evan was like my second protector. He and Axen made sure no harm came to me whatsoever. "Hey my little flower, everything will be okay. Trust me." He whispered as he stopped walking. The Alpha set me down to shake hands and introduce himself. "I am Alpha Evan of the WindStone pack. His voice took on a serious tone and I only looked at the ground as I stood beside him. I played with the fabric of my flowery dress and kept my head low.

            "I am Beta Chris of the Ravenwood pack. The alpha is on his way." Next Axen introduced himself and him and Beta Chris shook hands. I dared to bring my eyes up to look at the Beta and they widened. He was enormous and deadly looking. He wore all black and he big muscles that went all the way from his wrist up to his shoulder where they disappeared underneath the fabric. I whimpered and the Beta looked over at me. He had a sly smirk on his face as he examined my tiny frame. "Why bring such a weakling to our pack?" the beta spoke, his negative comment directed towards me. I whimpered again and Axen came to the rescue. He picked me up again and Emma stood next to him. She fixed my dress so nothing would show. Evan and Axen growled lowly at the beta.

            "What's with all the commotion" a heavy voice said as someone walked up behind the beta. "Alpha" the beta said and lowered his head before standing up straight. I didn't want to look at the alpha, so I buried my head in Axen's chest. On instinct he wrapped his arms tighter around me and Emma moved to stand in front of me. "Nothing but a few introductions" Evan said before introducing himself to the alpha. I kept a tight hold on Axen as he went next to introduce himself.

Alpha Sebastian's P.O.V

            "Alpha the pack has just arrived" my Beta Chris mind linked me. "On my way" I told him and cut off the link. God, why do we have to take this pack in. It's not like they can't fight. I've seen some of the damage they can do, and it's pretty gruesome. I sighed and placed my pen on the desk and left my office. I walked down the halls until I reached the front doors. I sighed once more and tugged one of the heavy wood doors open to the nice fresh air outside. Except something was different. I had never smelt it before. I walked out of the gigantic porch and closed the door behind me. There further back on the massive front lawn stood some members of my pack greeting the new pack. I inhaled again when the wind blew at my face and felt my senses go mad. I swear I smelt Strawberries and Apples, but that can't be. Those types of fruits don't grow in the woods.

            I stepped down the stairs and started walking down towards the pack. The smell was getting stronger each step I took. Once I got close enough I heard growling and decided to put the sweet smell off to the side for the time being. "What's with all the commotion" I asked as I stood in front of my Beta. "Alpha" he said in respect and lowered his head. "Nothing but a few introductions" the Alpha who stood across from me said. I only nodded and spaced out for a few seconds. I swear this scent, whatever it is, is driving me crazy. I couldn't focus clearly. Anyways I pushed my hand out, "I'm Alpha Sebastian of the Ravenwood pack." The alpha closed his hand around mine, "Alpha Evan of the WindStone pack." We both nodded to each other and I turned my head towards the male who stepped forward. A blond girl stood next to him with confidence, must be his mate.

            What got me was, he was carrying female, easily our age, in his arms. I got easily distracted as I looked at her in his arms. My wolf started to jump around in my head and I yelled at him to stop, but he wouldn't. The same scent attacked me dead on as the Beta held the girl tightly in one arm, the other pushed out to shake with mine. He had turned his body sideways so that she was further away from me and my beta, while his hand was right in my face. The wind blew her glossy brown hair around and I felt intoxicated, my senses where on fire. I eyed her toned legs all the way up to the floral skirt the flowed at her thighs. The top part of the dress was a light pink that made her fair skin glow. Her wavy brown hair danced down her back as the wind moved through it. I couldn't see her face, but for some odd reason I just knew she had to be beautiful. Then it clicked. The girl this male wolf had cradled in his arms was my mate. Why did it take me so long to realize this? More important, why is she in his arms?